The Student Room Group

Friend spiked someone's drink.

My friend recently confessed to me that about a month ago he spiked a girls drink with GHB to get back at her with and asked me not to tell anyone else. What should I do? (I am not going to go to the police by the way as I do not want to break his trust).
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sorry but I'd go to the police.. I'm all up for abit of banter but he went to far.. honestly if it was my friend I'd probs have to beat him up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell the girl. Not sure i'd go to the police if it's a one off (although the reason as to why he did iy suggests he is capable of doing it again) and cut all ties with him
Original post by MrMango
sorry but I'd go to the police.. I'm all up for abit of banter but he went to far.. honestly if it was my friend I'd probs have to beat him up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do not really want to go to the police and only a prick would beat their friend up. The girl whose drink he spiked is not a person I know, so I am thinking about just leaving the situation as it is.
Original post by collateraldamage
My friend recently confessed to me that about a month ago he spiked a girls drink with GHB to get back at her with and asked me not to tell anyone else. What should I do? (I am not going to go to the police by the way as I do not want to break his trust).

If you're not prepared to go to the police then you're a fool.

Somebody who does that "to get back" at somebody is the kind of person who shouldn't be trusted anyway and is likely to use the same method for something much, much worse in the future.

If he genuinely thinks that what he did is in any way acceptable then quite frankly in my opinion he deserves to be locked up. Unfortunately with the legal system in this country the most he would get is a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine.

Regardless, go to the damn police you fool.
Original post by tillytots
Tell the girl. Not sure i'd go to the police if it's a one off (although the reason as to why he did iy suggests he is capable of doing it again) and cut all ties with him

He is my friend though.
Original post by mackemforever
If you're not prepared to go to the police then you're a fool.

Somebody who does that "to get back" at somebody is the kind of person who shouldn't be trusted anyway and is likely to use the same method for something much, much worse in the future.

If he genuinely thinks that what he did is in any way acceptable then quite frankly in my opinion he deserves to be locked up. Unfortunately with the legal system in this country the most he would get is a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine.

Regardless, go to the damn police you fool.

Yes because insulting me is going to help. Reasoned responses please in future, not silly Daily Mail responses.
Anyhow, I have decided I am going to leave it as it is. I was more interested in how my friend may have acquired the GBH anyway, I do not really care about the girl who got spiked .
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
I do not really want to go to the police and only a prick would beat their friend up. The girl whose drink he spiked is not a person I know, so I am thinking about just leaving the situation as it is.

right if im a prick what kind what sort of person goes round spiking drinks? the fact you've not gone to the police makes you just as bad.. don't get me wrong some of my friends have police records that could cover a football pitch.. but spiking a girls drink is a big low.. next he'll rape a woman. I honestly want TSR to report you to the police and track your friend down.. hes made you an accessory to this.. he should be stopped before he causes serious harm. Anything could have happened to that girl and he didn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
There's no point for him to go to the police - it's just an allegation, with no evidence. He doesn't even know the girl's name. But you OP are disgusting if you still consider him as your friend and you didn't explicitly call him out on his confession and condemn it straight away.
Reply 10
Original post by Unelma
There's no point for him to go to the police - it's just an allegation, with no evidence. He doesn't even know the girl's name. But you OP are disgusting if you still consider him as your friend and you didn't explicitly call him out on his confession and condemn it straight away.

I'd get it all recorded.. then shop him in.. I wouldn't even want a friend like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should've told him that he's a dickhead for doing that. And tell him about effects it can cause, such as having insomnia, anxiety and tremors for up to 20 days, effects of overdosing and risk of mixing that **** with alcohol. And just make him aware that it was a stupid thing to do.

There's no point going to police now as it's been a month and the girl should be fine too by now.
Reply 12
Not sure what you expect us to say. For me this is a serious matter. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but to me this just seems vindictive, awful and criminal. What do you want to do?
Reply 13
If you think that that disgusting human being is still your friend after he did this, you are pathetic. Behaviour like this can not be tolerated, you never know what he is going to be capable of in the future.
I don't really understand what you're asking. It seems like you have made your mind up already.

You're not going to the police, we've established that. And, to be honest, I don't blame you. It's really just more of a hassle for you. If he does it and gets caught, then it's his fault. It's highly unlikely the police will do anything more than speak to him if you went anyway. Nobody actually got assaulted and nobody has made a complaint before, so there's not really anything to pursue, especially since it happened so long ago.

I assume he must have told you in confidence, so I imagine he does feel some sort of guilt or he wouldn't have bothered. You don't break a confidence like that by snitching. Nobody likes a friend who has a big mouth. If I was one of your other friends and I heard you immediately started spreading it around, I wouldn't trust telling you a damn thing.

Yes, advise him on his conduct, but apart from that just be a bit more wary. As long as he does keep to his word and never does anything like this again there are no problems.
Original post by Unelma

Not everyone is confrontational. I personally wouldn't want to make an enemy out of somebody who has a habit of spiking people's drinks in case he did the same to me :tongue:. I would probably try and break off contact in a way that wasn't suspiciously fast, but for sure I wouldn't consider him a friend any more. And going to the police is pointless, there wouldn't even be any trace left in her system and it would be a complete waste of their time because there's no way they'd take it further even if you had a signed confession. They have more important things to worry about.

Would be interesting to know what it was she did to him though. Probably not deserving of what getting her drink spiked but all you know she could have killed his dog or something.
I would break you in half in a fight. Anyhow, I have decided I am going to leave it as it is. I was more interested in how my friend may have acquired the GBH anyway, I do not really care about the girl who got spiked (she is probably some slut who deserved it).

No-one ever deserves to be raped or drugged. No wonder why many victims don't come forward.
OP is troll or scumbag, take your pick.
DONT go to the police. They will have absolutely no evidence to work with because it happened a month ago. All you will get is a huge amount of hassle, assuming they even pursue it and bad vibes between you and you friend, and no justice will be done. What I would personally do is let it known to him how reprehensible what he did was. Maybe even distance myself a little bit.
Reply 19

You are a c*** if you don't tell the police quite frankly.

Quick Reply