The Student Room Group

Ask boyfriend to do one thing and doesn't do it, yet no other complaints?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
It is that easy with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just seen you're only 16 :tongue: still young yet and at the moment for you yeah relationships are likely to be very simple as you'd probably be able see your girlfriend near enough every day and live near her and have time for her and vice versa, you don't have really any commitments in life to get in the way of the relationship but as you get older things get in the way and relationships become harder to maintain, partners will have certain needs and it's easy for a relationship to whither and become unhappy if effort isn't being put in on both sides.
One of my ex's was like this, I dumped her at 4AM by text the morning I flew to Magaluf #LADSLADSLADS
It's a text...chances are he gets into bed and falls asleep immediately if he's working super long hours. He still calls you every single day so it's not like he isn't putting in the effort.
Reply 43
Original post by SophieSmall
I've just seen you're only 16 :tongue: still young yet and at the moment for you yeah relationships are likely to be very simple as you'd probably be able see your girlfriend near enough every day and live near her and have time for her and vice versa, you don't have really any commitments in life to get in the way of the relationship but as you get older things get in the way and relationships become harder to maintain, partners will have certain needs and it's easy for a relationship to whither and become unhappy if effort isn't being put in on both sides.

Both girlfriends I've had have lived over a hundred miles away. People need to stop categorising young people - we're all different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Both girlfriends I've had have lived over a hundred miles away. People need to stop categorising young people - we're all different

Posted from TSR Mobile

LDRs in general are uncommon (probably because they often don't go well) and so that in itself wasn't a generalisation. As for the rest they're still true you are young and life will be very different for you 5 years from now and as such so will your relationships.
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you read that in 5 years time you'll cringe.
Reply 46
LDRs in general are uncommon (probably because they often don't go well) and so that in itself wasn't a generalisation. As for the rest they're still true you are young and life will be very different for you 5 years from now and as such so will your relationships.

Yeah. Five years from now I'll have a stable job and won't be spending as much time working towards getting that job. Right now I've got to juggle college work, a very demanding family, cadets and trying to make it into rap. As well as trying to maintain a relationship.

Original post by And then...
If you read that in 5 years time you'll cringe.

Maybe. Maybe not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah. Five years from now I'll have a stable job and won't be spending as much time working towards getting that job. Right now I've got to juggle college work, a very demanding family, cadets and trying to make it into rap. As well as trying to maintain a relationship.

Maybe. Maybe not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope instead you'll be working twice as much in that job.
Reply 48
Nope instead you'll be working twice as much in that job.

But I wouldn't have college or a demanding family. It's all swings and roundabouts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
But I wouldn't have college or a demanding family. It's all swings and roundabouts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I am saying that the time those take will be half the time you will take in a full time job 5 years down the line.
Reply 50
I know, I am saying that the time those take will be half the time you will take in a full time job 5 years down the line.

Who said I'll have a full time job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Who said I'll have a full time job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well considering you said your demanding family won't be a problem 5 years from now I assumed 5 years from now you (in this hypothetical scenario) have moved out of your family home and are supporting yourself independently which unless also using benefits is only really possible with a full time job.
Reply 52
Big deal over nothing.

Text messages are irritating anyway. It's rare I send more than 2 words in a text message. I can't be bothered with it. If you want to talk to me you can pick up the phone or knock the front door.
Reply 53
Well considering you said your demanding family won't be a problem 5 years from now I assumed 5 years from now you (in this hypothetical scenario) have moved out of your family home and are supporting yourself independently which unless also using benefits is only really possible with a full time job.

Depends on the job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Depends on the job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Few exceptions, unlikely you'd get a job well paid enough to support yourself in part time work at 21
its a goodnight text ffs get over it op
Reply 56
Few exceptions, unlikely you'd get a job well paid enough to support yourself in part time work at 21

The job I'm working my ass off to get will

Posted from TSR Mobile
He most likely just forgets, hardly like he's doing it to spite you! :/
It seems like a petty thing to cause an argument overr.
Original post by Andy98
The job I'm working my ass off to get will

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you say so.
Reply 59
If you say so.

It will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending