The Student Room Group

What do I study at Uni???

My school has taken us on a few school trips to Universities and I am starting to think about what I want to study at University. Looking for any suggestions from people who know about Uni courses.

A bit about me:

Studying English Lit, History, Psychology and Spanish for AS.

My ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE subject is English.

I love writing, talking and meeting people. (Would love a career that involves all three things at a very professional level)

I am interested in Journalism (been involved in tons of schemes for young journalists) but I don't want to study Journalism at Uni as I want a course that offers me more flexibility job wise. So possibly a profession that gives me skills like writing,speaking,debating etc. That are transferable and I can use for Journalism AND other professions

Really want to go to a Russell Group University. Cambridge, Durham,UCL,Warwick and LSE look really good.

I think International Relations, Politics and Sociology also sound like interesting courses.

Hopefully that is enough info to go on but any information about possible courses that fit my interests and skill set will be appreciated.

(edited 9 years ago)
A degree?
Something like Media and Communication or Marketing? I haven't researched them in detail but both involve talking/meeting people, although less writing in depth.

Quick Reply

Latest