The Student Room Group

Mistake in UCAS Application

So guys, I wrote IGCSE Add Math whose exam body is CIE and by mistake I put GCSE and the exam body as Edxcel, so what should I do? Will this have any major effect? Anyone answer *cries*
Reply 1
you cant go to uni now
Reply 2
Original post by matthew1151
So guys, I wrote IGCSE Add Math whose exam body is CIE and by mistake I put GCSE and the exam body as Edxcel, so what should I do? Will this have any major effect? Anyone answer *cries*

LMAO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Ngl that is a ****ing dumb ass mistake however you should be able to amend it by contacting the admissions tutors of each of the universities you applied to, explaining what you did wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh, worry not, quickly contact your school and they should send it back to you. That's what happened to me when I picked Graphic Deisgn instead of Art and Design: Graphic Design. And I've got my application back, corrected it, no harm done.
Reply 5
Original post by Djent
Ngl that is a ****ing dumb ass mistake however you should be able to amend it by contacting the admissions tutors of each of the universities you applied to, explaining what you did wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK so I did that though I've already gotten emails saying they have already considered and sent to the admissions adviser person to get consideration for interviews
How the heck did you make that mistake?
Reply 7
Original post by Da Di Doo
How the heck did you make that mistake?

idk i am a complete dumb ass
Reply 8
Original post by matthew1151
OK so I did that though I've already gotten emails saying they have already considered and sent to the admissions adviser person to get consideration for interviews

You need to email ucas and the unis you've applied for asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Juno
You need to email ucas and the unis you've applied for asap

Posted from TSR Mobile

yea i did, i just hope that it doesn't compromise my application and it's not too late
Hey, it's alright. It's actually an easy mistake to make, especially if only a couple of subjects you're taking are IGCSE and the rest are GCSE. Took me ages to work out how to put in my IGCSE French.

You need to talk to UCAS first of all.
Don't worry, my friend said he had a criminal conviction on his by accident so it's easily do-able, but yes as suggested contact your school or college they normally attach a referee statement before sending it off, if they've already sent it then you'll need to contact UCAS.
Original post by paradoxicalme
Hey, it's alright. It's actually an easy mistake to make, especially if only a couple of subjects you're taking are IGCSE and the rest are GCSE. Took me ages to work out how to put in my IGCSE French.

You need to talk to UCAS first of all.

Yea I already emailed them and they said in 5 working days or so, I have also contacted each Uni and told them of my f**k up so hopefully it can be ameliorated in time

Quick Reply