The Student Room Group

AS level Psychology

What was your experience with psychology? Did you enjoy it? Was it useful to you?

I'm considering whether to take it for AS level, but I want to know other people's experiences with it first.
Reply 1
Hello,

I did AS Psychology with last year. To be honest, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Most of my friends loved it, so don't let me put you off! I found there was a lot of content and research to learn. I didn't mind learning some of it, but it felt like all I was doing throughout the entire year was learning about research. We also had a bit of troubles with teachers throughout the year, which wasn't great. I say go for it as I found most people do enjoy it, I didn't mind the subject itself and some of the content was interesting to learn.

Hope this sort of helped!
Original post by Learner4
What was your experience with psychology? Did you enjoy it? Was it useful to you?

I'm considering whether to take it for AS level, but I want to know other people's experiences with it first.

I did the full alevel and i would generally recommend it. AS was better than A2 for me because there was less essay writing. The main part was memorising the content for revision and know how to apply it to the question.

Id say i learnt useful info thats good for me personally to just understand psychology. Like learning about sleep, stress, gender, mental illnesses, relationships and even approachs to how humans learn is just good life knowledge?

Btw, you might also like sociology (i did that too).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest