The Student Room Group

I'm going to Nando's for the first time today!

AMA!

As a vegan it's not somewhere I've ever been interested in eating, but my colleagues (Holla MarleyZ) wish to go and apparently they do a mean veggie burger (without the mayo).

I have a few questions..

Does it live up to the hype?
Which sauce level should I have? I want a fair bit of spice but not so much I can't eat it. Is the "hot" actually hot?
Should I get the wrap, burger, or pitta?

Are there any restaurants you've not been to, where your friends look at you disgust when you say you've never been? Have you managed to go your whole life without visiting McDonalds? Let me know in this thread!
Reply 1
Personally i think it is a little overrated but it is still banging! :noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo::noonoo:

And remember.. restaurants fall into two catagories: Nandos and Not Nandos
(edited 9 years ago)
i hope it all goes well.

PS did you know that if you spell Nandos backwards it says....
Reply 3
Remember to Tweet when you are in there. It's the law to Tweet 'cheeky Nandos' when having one, apparently.
GET COLESLAW, GET COLESLAW. AND SWEET POTATO MASH. GET A BURGER.

BUY EVERYTHING. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think it's as good as people make out, but the veggie burger is enjoyable and worth the money, so you'll enjoy it :smile:. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't know why so many people put it on some kind of pedestal.
Original post by jenhasdreams
AMA!

As a vegan it's not somewhere I've ever been interested in eating, but my colleagues (Holla MarleyZ) wish to go and apparently they do a mean veggie burger (without the mayo).

I have a few questions..

Does it live up to the hype?
Which sauce level should I have? I want a fair bit of spice but not so much I can't eat it. Is the "hot" actually hot?
Should I get the wrap, burger, or pitta?

Are there any restaurants you've not been to, where your friends look at you disgust when you say you've never been? Have you managed to go your whole life without visiting McDonalds? Let me know in this thread!

Used to briefly work in a Nandos, know a couple of people that do and I can tell you that if you think it's completely vegan you're kidding yourself. A lot of the staff are very lazy and so whoever prepares your veggie burger is likely to have been handling meat very shortly before without having washed their hands.
Sorry to those of you expecting a trip report - afraid Nandos was shut (power cut). So we went to GBK instead. I will save Nandos for a special occasion.
Reply 8
Don't all be like :eek: but i've never been to Nandos
I've never been to Burger King

Quick Reply

Latest