The Student Room Group

Where do I go?

I'm looking for a university which mainly covers mental health in psychology but am struggling to find anywhere. It has to be in the UK and preferably without anything above AAB entry requirements but I can stretch to AAA if necessary. Does anyone know of anywhere good for this?
Reply 1
Original post by Shmorgeh
I'm looking for a university which mainly covers mental health in psychology but am struggling to find anywhere. It has to be in the UK and preferably without anything above AAB entry requirements but I can stretch to AAA if necessary. Does anyone know of anywhere good for this?

Most Psychology degrees include mental health topics, but none focus heavily on them in particular, so Mental Health Nursing would be much more suitable if you want to focus on that area, and often has lower entry requirements than Psychology, e.g. CCC rather than AAB.

If you are determined for Psychology, there are many with the entry requirements that can be found with the UCAS search tool.
Reply 2
Original post by Shmorgeh

Use Whatuni to find courses filtered by your predicted grades.

Why do you want to focus on mental health? Most careers in psychiatry are only accessible through a Medicine degree, which is probably out of reach in terms of entry requirements. You might find that Mental Health Nursing (as Davalla said) or something in the area of Counselling might be more suitable for what you want. More students graduate in psychology every year than there are practicing psychologists in the whole country. Don't do Psychology for the job prospects, and if you're not that interested in the course as a whole it might be worth considering other alternatives.

Quick Reply