The Student Room Group

Applying with a school or as a individual ?

Hello so im a gap year this year and im looking at applying for uni for next year , Should i apply as a individual on Ucas? ,Im guessing so but does that have any affect on the applying process?
Reply 1
It makes no difference until you get to writing the reference. Instead of sending the application on to your school for them to add the reference, you have to enter your referee's details (ask at your school who you should use) and UCAS contact them to get the reference.
Reply 2
Original post by nerdcake
It makes no difference until you get to writing the reference. Instead of sending the application on to your school for them to add the reference, you have to enter your referee's details (ask at your school who you should use) and UCAS contact them to get the reference.

Ok thanks :smile: , Also do you know , The deadline is Jan 1st for applying , Is there any disadvantage of applying at the deadline or near the deadline , The reason i ask is not cause im lazy , I could get my application and personal statement done within the next few weeks but i also need to make portfolio and i would like to give myself atleast 2-3 months to create this portfolio and even that isnt that much time compared to the amount i would like to create it.
Think it's 15th Jan deadline not first and no, no disadvantage at all. Also if you are getting a teacher you had from school/college to write tour reference you'll have to enter the school/college buzzword rather than adding the referee's details -there's a video explaining it on ucas website, just google 'ucas references individual' or something and there'll be a link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending