The Student Room Group

Underestimated my predicted grades?

Hello,

I'm studying A2 and sent my UCAS application off for Oxford, Durham, LSE and Exeter for PPE and St. Andrews for International Relations & Philosophy.

I was told that students were not allowed to ask for generous predicted grades, but I thought that given that I attained nearly full marks in History and English literature and a secure A in Maths at AS, that I would get A*A*A*/A respectively. I have remained at the top of each class going into A2.

It has since emerged via school report and my own enquiry that I was only given AAA predicted grades.

With these predicted grades, do I really stand a chance at the top unis, especially Oxford?

Is there any way of changing predicted grades at this point, having already sent off the application?

It was pretty stupid of me not to ask my teachers, I know, but I just feel these grades are unjustified.
There's no way to change your predicted grades at this point. Did your teachers mention your good UMS scores in their reference? If so, universities (especially Oxford) would be able to see that you've been underpredicted - if a student attaining almost full marks at AS isn't predicted an A*, who is? Otherwise there's not a huge amount you can do, I'm afraid. Being predicted AAA is still good, provided it meets the entry requirements for the courses you want to do.
Reply 2
Original post by perflous
Did your teachers mention your good UMS scores in their reference?

Wow, well I just emailed a couple of them and my English teacher says my predicted grade is A*

Now I feel like a COMPLETE idiot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending