The Student Room Group

Revision tips and ideas!

Does anyone have any tips to achieve high marks in GCSE English lang/lit?
(edited 8 years ago)
have you done the spoken language essay?
Reply 2
Yes, i did mine on an interview conducted by Micheal Parkinson. I achieved a grade A :smile:
who was it with, thats amazing , doing mine the moment we speak on david c , stuck on phrasing it though cause band 5 requires sophisticated language
Reply 4
The interview? it was with Meg Ryan the Hollywood actress, it's pretty easy once you get in to it. what are you struggling on?
(edited 8 years ago)
yeah kind of and analysing certain parts , my teacher says we have to do an speech and an interview for the speech I'm doing david c one and for the interview either lady gaga or meg ryan,peter kay
Reply 6
Original post by swiftexcuse
Does anyone have any tips to achieve high marks in the following subjects:
GCSE geography (ocr b)
GCSE sociology (aqa)
GCSE English lang/lit
regarding english, i've already achieved high a's in my english coursework but i want to get an a overall, any tips on the exam? for lit we're doing of mice and men, an inspector calls and heroes :smile:

I haven't don't sociology so I can't help you there, but as for English lit I would agree with the above. Know where everything is and some key quotes that will help you regardless of the question. Make sure you know the book inside out. I also did inspector calls (loved it) and made sure I knew everything, somehow I got an A* in that paper.

As for geography, (I did Edexcel and got an A* which is a myth lolok) and I hated everything about it. Know ALL KEY WORDS. Know ALL CASE STUDIES?(this is so vital I can't make it clearer) Oh and have a clear idea of how to structure like 8 markers (if you have those). Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest