The Student Room Group

I voted UKIP, and I don't feel bad about it.

Why does the media seem to insist that we that vote for UKIP are all racists/extremists? I hate the EU , I want Britain out of it. Is that so bad and racist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No but I find it odd to vote for a party over one issue. What other policies of theirs do you like?
Reply 2
Original post by Aj12
No but I find it odd to vote for a party over one issue. What other policies of theirs do you like?

I don't care enough about other policies. Yes, I hate the EU that much and all of the EU immigrants here.
Reply 3
Original post by Tom_Ford
Why does the media seem to insist that we that vote for UKIP are all racists/extremists? I hate the EU , I want Britain out of it. Is that so bad and racist?

Don't worry about what dickheads with an agenda tell you you're supposed to think.
Vote UKIP with pride - you're sending a message to the old establishment that we're fed up with their inept bumbling and want real change.
I don't care enough about other policies. Yes, I hate the EU that much and all of the EU immigrants here.

You don't care enough about other policies? That's absolutely ridiculous. You don't care about the health services, education, the economy etc.? If all you care about is the EU and EU immigrants, I think you need to get your priorities straight. Not to mention you sound like a total xenophobe.
Reply 5

And you're denying the fact you're racist in the OP?

Why do you dislike the EU, and being a part of it?

UKIP is, as a whole, a one issue party. The people who are so obsessed with one issue that they'll vote for a whole party based on it are those who are likely to have extreme and bizarre views, racism is probably one of those.

What exactly is it that you hate about he EU anyway?
[deleted]
(edited 5 years ago)

I don't know. Tell them not to as there isn't anything inherently racist/extreme about wanting to leave the EU.

That's not to say that I think that UKIP is a good party though. Why do you want to leave the EU?

So you are discrimating against people on the sole basis that they're migrants and they're from the EU. And you're NOT racist?

Okay. You keep thinking that.
Reply 11
Original post by SHallowvale
I don't know. Tell them not to as there isn't anything inherently racist/extreme about wanting to leave the EU.

That's not to say that I think that UKIP is a good party though. Why do you want to leave the EU?

I don't want free movement of workers. They can stick to their own little countries in Europe.
I don't want free movement of workers. They can stick to their own little countries in Europe.

So you hate people like myself so much that you don't care about the NHS, the economy, the environment, employment rights, the justice system, education, civil liberties... pretty much everything that affects you on a day-to-day basis and will affect your future? :confused:
If you want Britain out of the EU, vote the conservatives who have promised a referendum on the EU. TBH, they've held on to their promises - they said they would have a referendum on Scotland and they did, so at least you can bank on that one happening.

But don't vote UKIP. They're racist in a much subtler way than the BNP. What will happen for the rest of the time that we have UKIP until the next elections after they've removed Britain from the EU?

BTW, for anyone who thinks I'm trying to push people to vote conservative, I think Britain should stay in the EU and I plan to vote labour.

Original post by Kittiara
So you hate people like myself so much that you don't care about the NHS, the economy, the environment, employment rights, the justice system, education, civil liberties... pretty much everything that affects you on a day-to-day basis and will affect your future? :confused:

Well-said!
Reply 14
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
So you are discrimating against people on the sole basis that they're migrants and they're from the EU. And you're NOT racist?

Okay. You keep thinking that.

What has this got to do with racism though? We might as well invite the whole world here as migrants while we're at it then? We're more than full already and it is predominantly Labour's fault. Horrid open door policy. And anyway, I would happily be called a racist if it means that British workers and British citizens are put first for once.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Blues Clues
If you want Britain out of the EU, vote the conservatives who have promised a referendum on the EU. TBH, they've held on to their promises - they said they would have a referendum on Scotland and they did, so at least you can bank on that one happening.

But don't vote UKIP. They're racist in a much subtler way than the BNP. What will happen for the rest of the time that we have UKIP until the next elections after they've removed Britain from the EU?

BTW, for anyone who thinks I'm trying to push people to vote conservative, I think Britain should stay in the EU and I plan to vote labour.

Well-said!

Come of it. Barroso spelled it out to Cameron who is boss. Even if Cameron does have a referendum the EU rules on immigration are not negotiable. There is nothing Cameron can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blinka
Come of it. Barroso spelled it out to Cameron who is boss. Even if Cameron does have a referendum the EU rules on immigration are not negotiable. There is nothing Cameron can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But if the EU referendum happens and we vote out, then we're out.
Reply 17
Original post by Kittiara

We don't hate anyone. We just don't want our children and grandchildren to grow up in a country that looks and feels like Britain and for that matter all Europeans to not have their countries and identities diversitised away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Blues Clues
But if the EU referendum happens and we vote out, then we're out.

Perhaps LibLabCon will all start promising a referendum to pull out of the EU. Can you really see is happening under LibLabCon.

Maybe I'll end up eating my words but it seems about as likely as abandoning political correctness, stopping backing wars in the Middle East, ending the nanny state and getting rid of U.S. Airforce bases.

There is a set path for the professional politicians and as far as I can see UKIP ain't on it. And if they are they are extremely good actors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
So many utter idiots on here. They are losers who have failed at life and so blame their problems on others.26% of NHS doctors are foreign born. The BMA advised that without immigrants "many NHS services would struggle to provide effective care.Almost 5.5 million British people live abroad. It's funny, I seen a poll the other day where 52% agreed that british people should be free to live and work anywhere in the eu. 36% of the same people agreed that citizens of other EU countries should have the right to live and work in the uk.Oh and to top it off immigrants are 60% less likely to claim benefits than a british-born person. (you know, probably due to the fact they're doing the **** jobs the over-entitled fools here don't even want to do).and between 1995-2011, eu immigrants contributed 8.8 billion more than they gained

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending