The Student Room Group

Induction tomorrow but I'm really ill?

I got a call this morning telling me I've got a temp job at Morrisons and need to come to the four hour induction tomorrow, and eight hours on sat.

I thought i might be feeling better by then so i said i can make it, but now i'm feeling even worse. I have flu like symptoms (bad cold, sore throat, shivers, temp, and nausea) and it's hard enough typing this, don't think i could make it to the induction.

Do you think they'll take the job away from me if i say i can't come? they said i MUST come, and they want people to start asap

thank you
Original post by arson_fire
Normally I would suggest not going to work if you`re ill but in this case I would go. If you are that ill they might take one look at you and tell you to come back another time. If you don`t go there`s a chance they might think you`re unreliable and not phone you again.

I agree
Reply 2
Original post by arson_fire
Normally I would suggest not going to work if you`re ill but in this case I would go. If you are that ill they might take one look at you and tell you to come back another time. If you don`t go there`s a chance they might think you`re unreliable and not phone you again.

Yeah I think I will have to make it in. I'm going to the doctors in an hour and hopefully they'll give me some medicine or recommend something so I don't feel as ​bad as i do right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending