The Student Room Group

University Stress!

I'm currently going through the UCAS and Applications process and I have never been so stressed in my life! I thought I had finally found my 5 univerisitys which I was going to apply for... but now I'm back at square one!

I want to study a course in Business Management or Business and Finance - So far I have my heart set on the University of Sussex.

Does anyone no any good universitys for this course? Approx 1/2 hours away from London (prefferably in South England) and with quite good social and night life aspects.. Oh, and nice accomodation is also important

Think I might be asking for to much.. oops!

The other Uni's I was thinking of Applying to were
- Brighton
- Bournemouth
- Greenwich
- Hertfordshire

But now im not sure, all help and advice will be appreciated!

Thanks!
Original post by Danielle_0195
I'm currently going through the UCAS and Applications process and I have never been so stressed in my life! I thought I had finally found my 5 univerisitys which I was going to apply for... but now I'm back at square one!

I want to study a course in Business Management or Business and Finance - So far I have my heart set on the University of Sussex.

Does anyone no any good universitys for this course? Approx 1/2 hours away from London (prefferably in South England) and with quite good social and night life aspects.. Oh, and nice accomodation is also important

- Brighton
- Bournemouth
- Greenwich
- Hertfordshire

Thanks!

I soooo understand your stress! I can't make my up at all! I've gone for the University of Leicester though!
Those are all cool Uni's :smile: I think you've made a brill choice! Surrey University's nice too :smile:
Original post by xxhannahlouisexx
I soooo understand your stress! I can't make my up at all! I've gone for the University of Leicester though!
Those are all cool Uni's :smile: I think you've made a brill choice! Surrey University's nice too :smile:

Haha I know right, suprised I'm not bald yet! Ah I might check them Unis out:smile:.
What other Unis have you applied to?
Haha I know right, suprised I'm not bald yet! Ah I might check them Unis out:smile:.
What other Unis have you applied to?

I feel like ripping my hair out too! And I'm even more stressed when I go to send my application! I have to wait for money to come through first but as soon as it does I'm hitting send but I'm so scared and stressed about it! I've been told they're really good :smile:

I've gone for Leicester, Nottingham, Gloucestershire, Anglia Rusking University and then De Montfort University :smile:

It's gonna be even more horrible having to choose either firm/insurance for them! Sooo stressful!:confused:

Have you thought any more about which 5 uni's you're going to go for?
Original post by xxhannahlouisexx
I feel like ripping my hair out too! And I'm even more stressed when I go to send my application! I have to wait for money to come through first but as soon as it does I'm hitting send but I'm so scared and stressed about it! I've been told they're really good :smile:

I've gone for Leicester, Nottingham, Gloucestershire, Anglia Rusking University and then De Montfort University :smile:

It's gonna be even more horrible having to choose either firm/insurance for them! Sooo stressful!:confused:

Have you thought any more about which 5 uni's you're going to go for?

Haha good luck! - Ah I've head Nottingham is amaaaaaaaazing! Oh gosh I know... Sussex will be my firm choice if I get an offer!

Erm yeah, I'm thinking about portsmouth and maybe Coventry... Not sure yet:confused:
Haha good luck! - Ah I've head Nottingham is amaaaaaaaazing! Oh gosh I know... Sussex will be my firm choice if I get an offer!

Erm yeah, I'm thinking about portsmouth and maybe Coventry... Not sure yet:confused:

It is! My boyfriend goes there so I'm there aaaaall the time! For some reason it just doesn't feel right for me to actually be a student with them! Maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't know.. Leicester feels right! :smile:

Portsmouth is good! I was going to apply there too :smile: Coventry sounds like a nice place but I didn't even know they had a uni :P Go with what your heart wants! That's the only way to be happy :smile:

- Brighton
- Bournemouth
- Greenwich
- Hertfordshire

Thanks!

Hi Danielle,

Hope your UCAS application process is going smoothly and you are excited about undertaking a degree in the New Year!

My name is Ailish and I am in my final year of study at Bournemouth University so thought I'd give you an insight into what it is like to study and live in Bournemouth... :smile:

Bournemouth is in the most fantastic location, great connections to London (direct train to Waterloo) and has a wonderful combination of night life and a real laid back student vibe thanks to its beautiful beach and friendly atmosphere.

The University has a really great reputation across lots of the courses on offer, partly thanks to the really valuable placement year offered. I have just returned to Bournemouth following my placement in London and can honestly say it was one of my best experiences of University so far...in terms of the skills and confidence I have gained - I feel like a different student; well prepared for what life after graduation throws at me :smile:

1st year is also an absolute ball! BU has amazing halls accommodation which you can check out online here.
In my first year I stayed in Cranbourne and had the best time! Everyone is so friendly, - halls is definitely the ideal setting to make really lovely friends! All of the halls in Lansdowne are located really close to town which has lots of great shops and also many cool bars and clubs, as well as the Student Union night club which is a renovated fire station - always a great night out!

I cant recommend Bournemouth highly enough so I think it is well worth you considering!

You can find out what other people applying to Bournemouth are talking about over on our Bournemouth University Applicants 2015 thread here

Please feel free to let me know if I can be any more help, and good luck with your applications!

Ailish :smile:
Original post by Ailish Myland
Hi Danielle,

Hope your UCAS application process is going smoothly and you are excited about undertaking a degree in the New Year!

My name is Ailish and I am in my final year of study at Bournemouth University so thought I'd give you an insight into what it is like to study and live in Bournemouth... :smile:

Bournemouth is in the most fantastic location, great connections to London (direct train to Waterloo) and has a wonderful combination of night life and a real laid back student vibe thanks to its beautiful beach and friendly atmosphere.

The University has a really great reputation across lots of the courses on offer, partly thanks to the really valuable placement year offered. I have just returned to Bournemouth following my placement in London and can honestly say it was one of my best experiences of University so far...in terms of the skills and confidence I have gained - I feel like a different student; well prepared for what life after graduation throws at me :smile:

1st year is also an absolute ball! BU has amazing halls accommodation which you can check out online here.
In my first year I stayed in Cranbourne and had the best time! Everyone is so friendly, - halls is definitely the ideal setting to make really lovely friends! All of the halls in Lansdowne are located really close to town which has lots of great shops and also many cool bars and clubs, as well as the Student Union night club which is a renovated fire station - always a great night out!

I cant recommend Bournemouth highly enough so I think it is well worth you considering!

You can find out what other people applying to Bournemouth are talking about over on our Bournemouth University Applicants 2015 thread here

Please feel free to let me know if I can be any more help, and good luck with your applications!

Ailish :smile:

Hi Alish! Ah Thankyou, that's honestly helped me out alot!
Since I started this thread I've applied to all my Unis and had all my offers, including an unconditional from Bournemouth so I'm deffinetly considering going there!

I've also applied so Sussex, Nottingham Trent, Brighton and Hertforshire...

Just stuck between Sussex, Nottingham and Bournemouth! Hopefully applicant days will help me make my decision!
Hi Alish! Ah Thankyou, that's honestly helped me out alot!
Since I started this thread I've applied to all my Unis and had all my offers, including an unconditional from Bournemouth so I'm deffinetly considering going there!

I've also applied so Sussex, Nottingham Trent, Brighton and Hertforshire...

Just stuck between Sussex, Nottingham and Bournemouth! Hopefully applicant days will help me make my decision!

I know this post has been created 2 years ago, but an answer might help me. I'm thinking of doing the same course and have similar choices, except hertfordshire. To which uni did you end up going and how do you like it so far? :smile: which exact course are you studying and how was your first year?
Original post by Lucky987
I know this post has been created 2 years ago, but an answer might help me. I'm thinking of doing the same course and have similar choices, except hertfordshire. To which uni did you end up going and how do you like it so far? :smile: which exact course are you studying and how was your first year?

The OP rarely posts now, but ended up studying law at Sussex: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65835559&highlight=
Original post by ageshallnot
The OP rarely posts now, but ended up studying law at Sussex: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65835559&highlight=

thanks for letting me know

Quick Reply