The Student Room Group

Academic references

Hi

So I have a problem; the 2 academic references for my applications to Unis are going to come from my former professors who are no longer teaching at the college/school I am from. This means that the references will not be on official letter-heads. Will this be a major problem?
Reply 1
Original post by dbose
Hi

So I have a problem; the 2 academic references for my applications to Unis are going to come from my former professors who are no longer teaching at the college/school I am from. This means that the references will not be on official letter-heads. Will this be a major problem?

Pretty sure it gets submitted online? i.e. you tutor can just paste it in from them and attach it to your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Nymthae
Pretty sure it gets submitted online? i.e. you tutor can just paste it in from them and attach it to your application.

In most cases that would work, but will it be ok if they are no longer teaching?
Reply 3
Original post by dbose
In most cases that would work, but will it be ok if they are no longer teaching?

As long as your school are okay with it. Most of my reference was done by a supply teacher who was no longer working there by the time application time came along.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending