The Student Room Group

what Uni course should I choose help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am kind of stuck with what uni course I should choose and what uni I could go to as I have really bad AS- level results and my parents would not let me retake.
GCSE: ABBBBBBBBBBD
AS-level:CCEU
C in biology
C in classics
E in ,mathematics
U in chemistry

what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jennyrules
I am kind of stuck with what uni course I should choose and what uni I could go to as I have really bad AS- level results and my parents would not let me retake.
C in biology
C in classics
E in ,mathematics
U in chemistry

what should I do?

Which universities do you intend to study at?
C in biology
C in classics
E in ,mathematics
U in chemistry

what should I do?

Why won't your parents let you retake?
Reply 3
They said they don't like the idea of me being a year behind and that it is better to retake modules in a gap year
Reply 4
hello is anyone there?????????????
Reply 5
you are better of resitting year 12 and getting better AS results, unless you want to go to a bad university for a bad course. 1 year of your life now might make a big difference in the future
Reply 6
I would defiently retake. Its not about being a year behind. Currently in my flat almost half of us are over 18-19. A couple of 20 year olds. You wont feel old, and you won't get into a good uni with those grades..
Reply 7
my parents said i coudln't do that so I need another option
Reply 8
also, its soo late in the year so I have no choice now
Reply 9
my parents said i coudln't do that so I need another option

If you think you have the ability to improve and work your ASS off this year and do AS as well as A2's, then your perfectly fine :wink:...otherwise your choice of failing :colondollar:...
What particular course are you interested with? Science related maybe?:confused:
Reply 10
This is why I am soo confused because I asked them to let me retake and there was a long argument and they said no and now I have soo much stress and unhappiness I have no clue with what I need to do? I feel like I still have time if I work hard and only retake exams in maths and leave the others alone. What do you think?
Your parents are idiots. Why listen to them? It's your own life and education.
Reply 12
well its already done bnow I just have to move on but I don't want the idea that I am going to fail still because it just demotivates me
Reply 13
should I just quit school or not but I hate the idea of being a drop out I am just soo scared I have no Idea what do next???????????????
Reply 14
Also, myparent's would be too embarassed for me to retake year 12 is what they said and now they say I have to work harder but I am finding it hard coping with the depression and extra work
You're either trolling or a lost cause. Either way, I shall be leaving this thread.
Also, myparent's would be too embarassed for me to retake year 12 is what they said and now they say I have to work harder but I am finding it hard coping with the depression and extra work

What's more embarassing? Going to a rubbish uni with rubbish job prospects and a lifetime of grief, or ONE YEAR to improve and turn your life around? Can't believe your parents actually think that your grades are good enough to carry on with (sorry but it's true)
Reply 17
If you cant retake just drop out, Go to college or something take a course, try to get an ok Job & work your way up, do something your passionate about.

Just have a serious conversation with your parents, say how you really want to do ..... And you won't get in with those AS grades no matter how well you do at A2 so it's the only option really :smile:
Reply 19
i'm not trolling i just wanted hlep, but it seems everyone doesn't giv a **** to help anyway, and my depression doesn't help that is why I am finding it hard and i cannot drop out

Quick Reply

Latest