The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Biomedical Science at Sheffield University

Hi,

I am trying to decide between Sheffield and Birmingham for Biomedical Science (2015 entry). Is anybody doing this course at Sheffield that could tell me a bit about what it is like in terms of number of lectures etc per week?

Thanks!
Well from what I know Sheffield is one of the only Biomed courses which has dissection so that's a good reason to come here :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Are you at Sheffield then? And are you doing biomed? Is Sheffied good for sports and where are the main pitches/courts as I saw Goodwin when I was there but they said the sports pitches and fields were elsewhere?

Thanks!
Original post by Hello123*
Are you at Sheffield then? And are you doing biomed? Is Sheffied good for sports and where are the main pitches/courts as I saw Goodwin when I was there but they said the sports pitches and fields were elsewhere?

Thanks!

Yeah I'm at Sheffield, not doing biomed but 3 of my flatmates are so I've picked up a little about it.

I'm not really that involved in sports but what you're saying lines up with what I've heard although I think there are some pitches and courts nearby to Goodwin, I know there's a tennis court hidden in Endcliffe too.
Reply 4
Oh cool :smile: Do they seem to be enjoying it? And do you know how many lectures they tend to have a week roughly?

How do you find the city of Sheffield to live in?
Original post by Hello123*
Oh cool :smile: Do they seem to be enjoying it? And do you know how many lectures they tend to have a week roughly?

How do you find the city of Sheffield to live in?

Yeah they seem to like it. I think they have ~15 hours a week plus labs, or in other words nothing much different to any other science or engineering course.

Sheffield's pretty great, it's a good mix between a campus uni and a city uni and it has a significant student population (roughly 10%) so it's filled with bars and clubs, a lot of places will also give student discounts. The student union is also pretty fantastic with tonnes of societies and events. Night's out are quite cheap as are food, eating out and taxis. Student housing is a bit pricey though compared to other places. You'll also find that most places are within a 30-40 minute walk which is pretty convenient and if not the bus is only £1, tram's a bit more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending