The Student Room Group

Do Unis give you offers based on resits ??

I got BDDU - Very crap grades :s-smilie:. (Psych, bio, chem, maths). The Ds were marks away from Cs and I almost got an E in maths.

Anyway, my predicted grades are ABB and i'm planning on resitting 6 exams on top of A2 (3 AS maths exams, 2 AS chem exams & 1 AS bio exams).

Would a uni give me an offer based on my 3 A levels and AS level or just give me offer based on my predicted grade ??
Wow! How did you get a prediction of ABB? Here I am, a 3rd year student retaking A2 exams, struggling to get a prediction of B after getting D in Biology lol

Anyway, they would look at your AS grades and see how realistic it is that you'll achieve those predicted grades. They'll also look at your reference and personal statement and make a decision based on all those parts of your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Youni-chan
Wow! How did you get a prediction of ABB? Here I am, a 3rd year student retaking A2 exams, struggling to get a prediction of B after getting D in Biology lol

Anyway, they would look at your AS grades and see how realistic it is that you'll achieve those predicted grades. They'll also look at your reference and personal statement and make a decision based on all those parts of your application.

I only recently asked what my predicted grades were lol. I'm lucky to have been predicted that to be honest.

Sounds good....I am retaking all AS modules in chemistry ,maths and 1 module in bio (got a B in unit 2 and an E in unit 1 hence why i'm retaking the exam). So a B overall sounds reasonable for both bio and chem.

I need to make sure my personal statement is great then and that my reference is exceptional.

Thank you and I wish you all the best :smile:
Original post by Shanzii
I only recently asked what my predicted grades were lol. I'm lucky to have been predicted that to be honest.

Sounds good....I am retaking all AS modules in chemistry ,maths and 1 module in bio (got a B in unit 2 and an E in unit 1 hence why i'm retaking the exam). So a B overall sounds reasonable for both bio and chem.

I need to make sure my personal statement is great then and that my reference is exceptional.

Thank you and I wish you all the best :smile:

Lucky, your teachers sound very easy going :smile:

Remember, it also gives them an idea of what you'll get in A2 so what you get in A2 will also affect whether you get that B or not~ A2 is usually a step up too, so don't let the retakes consume you. Just advice from a 3rd year student :smile:

Thank you, all the best to you too ^^
Reply 4
Lucky, your teachers sound very easy going :smile:

Remember, it also gives them an idea of what you'll get in A2 so what you get in A2 will also affect whether you get that B or not~ A2 is usually a step up too, so don't let the retakes consume you. Just advice from a 3rd year student :smile:

Thank you, all the best to you too ^^

Haha they do, they've known me for years so they know what I can and can't do

I haven't started revising for my retakes yet but doing A2 bio and chem make AS look much more easier than before as you're building up from it.
I'm kind of scared now because I don't want them to think that I would acheieve below my predicted grades :s-smilie:

Your welcome :wink:

The universities that i'm applying for are not the easiest unis to get into for the course I wanna do.
Original post by Shanzii
Haha they do, they've known me for years so they know what I can and can't do

I haven't started revising for my retakes yet but doing A2 bio and chem make AS look much more easier than before as you're building up from it.
I'm kind of scared now because I don't want them to think that I would acheieve below my predicted grades :s-smilie:

Your welcome :wink:

The universities that i'm applying for are not the easiest unis to get into for the course I wanna do.

So they must have a lot of faith in you. I'm sure you have the ability then :smile:

I would suggest around Jan/Feb to start tbh. Yes, AS Bio (I can speak for) gets more easier once you do A2~ Hopefully everything else that supports your application is strong so you'll be okay :smile:

What are you applying for if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
So they must have a lot of faith in you. I'm sure you have the ability then :smile:

I would suggest around Jan/Feb to start tbh. Yes, AS Bio (I can speak for) gets more easier once you do A2~ Hopefully everything else that supports your application is strong so you'll be okay :smile:

What are you applying for if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah they do :smile:
I got told to start around that time actually so i'll be printing off my past papers nearer to Christmas.

Hopefully i'll be fine. I'll be applying for children's nursing :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending