The Student Room Group

Choosing uni's help!!

Hi everyone,

My UCAS application is basically done, I just don't know which unis! I've narrowed it down to 6, looked at my course, the rankings, prospects, everything basically (My course is physical geography)

I have six to decide from and I need to cut one out, if anyone has anything to say on student life at these, the city or the university itself it'd be a big help!

My six are:
Nottingham
Lancaster
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Leicester
And Worcester

Appreciate any help!
Hello! I am a third year student at Reading and can certainly tell you about the university.

Reading is a really lovely green campus which is also huge, so its nice to be enclosed in a student environment. As for activities on campus, you will be spoilt for choice. There are so many societies you can choose from; skiing, poker, baking, mountaineering, roller coaster society...etc the list goes on and on. Through these societies you get to meet lots of people and gain new skills so I would definitely recommend joining some whatever university you go to. I went to Paris last year with the French society and am hoping to go to Prague with the travel society next year (all of which are heavily discounted)
Here's a full list of the societies: http://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/
There are events that run every week at the Union such as a pub quiz, comedy night, karaoke and the union club night running on Wednesdays and Saturdays- the biggest night out in Reading.

As for the town, there are lots of things to do there as well. There is a big shopping centre with all your main shops, a cinema and many restaurants especially on the riverside which is always nice to go to. There are also quite a few clubs, some cocktail bars and cafes where they have regular events including live music. Its also really good for transport if you wanted to visit other places or pop home.

My friend studies Geography and she's currently having an amazing time in Norway on her term abroad! Do check study abroad opportunities if this is something that interests you.

Feel free to ask any questions,
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art
Original post by JessicaMaryC
Hi everyone,

My UCAS application is basically done, I just don't know which unis! I've narrowed it down to 6, looked at my course, the rankings, prospects, everything basically (My course is physical geography)

I have six to decide from and I need to cut one out, if anyone has anything to say on student life at these, the city or the university itself it'd be a big help!

My six are:
Nottingham
Lancaster
Reading
Sheffield Hallam
Leicester
And Worcester

Appreciate any help!

If you have realistic prospects for e.g. Nottingham and Lancaster, do you really need both Hallam and Worcester? Either would suffice if you want an insurance with lower requirements, I would have thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending