The Student Room Group

Anyone else finding a lot of stuck up people at their uni?

At a RG university just started my first year and I just get the opinion that a lot of the students think they are so entitled to everything and that because they are at university they are better than everyone else and I've even seen people looking down at the cleaners which is just disgusting.

Obviously it's only a certain amount of people but it just seems a lot more noticeable than sixth form.

So annoying.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by alex2100x
At a RG university just started my first year and I just get the opinion that a lot of the students think they are so entitled to everything and that because they are at university they are better than everyone else and I've even seen people looking down at the cleaners which is just disgusting.

Obviously it's only a certain amount of people but it just seems a lot more noticeable than sixth form.

So annoying.

Original post by arson_fire
A lot of it is just a cover for their insecurities.

Just have a non-alcoholic beer and relax
Reply 2
A lot of it is just a cover for their insecurities.

Is "their insecurities" a good song?
Reply 3
If uni doesn`t work out you could always have a career writing christmas cracker jokes............

That's ma dream :rofl:

So annoying.

what uni?
Some people have sheltered upbringings. Going to university should broaden their horizons.
One of my flatmates expressed shock that I was eating a sandwich off a plate on my knee, and I don't feel she ever looked at me the same after that. Not that I changed my behaviour for her of course, lol.

But honestly.. there are stuck up people everyone. Do your best to be nice to people, but if they don't respond to it, or if they look down their noses at you, sod them.
Anywhere you go there will be people like that.
Reply 8
Original post by nohomo
Just have a non-alcoholic beer and relax

You did mean that as irony, right?

If so, :chaplin:
Reply 9
Original post by VannR
You did mean that as irony, right?

If so, :chaplin:

Yep :biggrin:
Was she expecting a knife and fork?

Not sure, but at the very least I believe one should sit at a table whilst consuming a sandwich.
Reply 11
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Not sure, but at the very least I believe one should sit at a table whilst consuming a sandwich.

What if your camping , or outside or something ? Quite stupid I think , just being pretentious for the sake of it ( not you , just the over intricate rules of ettiquete amongst the elite ) I couldn't deal with having a girl like that.
Original post by Atreus
What if your camping , or outside or something ? Quite stupid I think , just being pretentious for the sake of it ( not you , just the over intricate rules of ettiquete amongst the elite ) I couldn't deal with having a girl like that.

It's okay, we all got our own back by throwing oranges against the wall that separated the kitchen and her bedroom. Every time she did something to annoy us. Which was a lot.

In case you're interested, ladies DO NOT throw fruit. Oh well.
Nope. Then again, I am at an 'inferior' university. :rolleyes:
Maybe at Russel group universties but certainly not ex polys

So annoying.

Although I am not at a RG uni I can relate to your situation. In the past 4 weeks, I have met some of the most spoiled and stuck up people ever. In fact, one of my flatmate's friend (he spends a lot of time in our flat as everyone seems to like him for some reason :confused:) wrote the following note for our cleaner: "You are a ****, get a proper job". According to him it was a joke . His dad also pays for all his expenses. I think that the fact that I have moved from a working class area in London to a place where there are so many middle classed narrow minded people plays a big part.

***I obviously took the note out as soon as possible so that the cleaner did not see it.
Reply 16
Same here OP, coming from a state educated background I'm not used to this at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by akastudent
Although I am not at a RG uni I can relate to your situation. In the past 4 weeks, I have met some of the most spoiled and stuck up people ever. In fact, one of my flatmate's friend (he spends a lot of time in our flat as everyone seems to like him for some reason :confused:) wrote the following note for our cleaner: "You are a ****, get a proper job". According to him it was a joke . His dad also pays for all his expenses. I think that the fact that I have moved from a working class area in London to a place where there are so many middle classed narrow minded people plays a big part.

***I obviously took the note out as soon as possible so that the cleaner did not see it.

That's horrible. I don't understand why people have to act like that. I don't go to a RG uni (I go to Loughborough) but we don't treat our cleaners like that. Our whole block are so friendly and nice to them, and the cleaners even baked us cake once and left it in the kitchen. Luckily, I haven't met many stuck up people yet here.
They make me want to murder suicide
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
One of my flatmates expressed shock that I was eating a sandwich off a plate on my knee, and I don't feel she ever looked at me the same after that. Not that I changed my behaviour for her of course, lol.

A plate? Posh bastard!

Quick Reply

Latest