The Student Room Group

Anyone else finding a lot of stuck up people at their uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brit_Miller
A plate? Posh bastard!

I know, right?? I did, however, have rectangles, not triangles.
Reply 21
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I know, right?? I did, however, have rectangles, not triangles.

Crusts?
Original post by Wattsy
Crusts?

Yes, they're the best bit :biggrin:!
Reply 23
Yes, they're the best bit :biggrin:!

Bang on!

Bringing it back to OP though:

I go to Northumbria and I don't think there are many stuck-up people, I know a few but you find them in all walks of life. Strangely the millionaires I've met are not the stuck up ones, it's the middle class privately educated faux-posh ones that tend to fit the bill. That would lead to me concluding that they're just fronting, though, I am in third year now and the front if it is present remains flawless as the day it was conceived.
clearly the only thing they've achieved in life is getting into a university.
Yeah it's been a bit of a culture shock if I'm honest. I went to a state school and honestly, I took for granted all the people I went to school with lol. I'm pretty sure that around 80-90% of the people I have met at university all attended private schools and, to me, it seems like they're from a different world sometimes. Before coming to university I thought that Gap Yah video was a joke, it's not. But it's very strange coming from a school of predominantly working class people who laughed at the rich kids' ways to being at university where it's the other way round.

Obviously I'm not saying that everyone from private schools are snobby or rude.
Yup, unfortunately! A girl called a random student a fat bitch when she was coming out of a lecture :/ I was really shocked at how someones attitude like hers got into uni in the first place!
Reply 27
One of my flatmates expressed shock that I was eating a sandwich off a plate on my knee, and I don't feel she ever looked at me the same after that. Not that I changed my behaviour for her of course, lol.

But honestly.. there are stuck up people everyone. Do your best to be nice to people, but if they don't respond to it, or if they look down their noses at you, sod them.

You had a plate... What more does she want?
Original post by Wattsy
Bang on!

Bringing it back to OP though:

I go to Northumbria and I don't think there are many stuck-up people, I know a few but you find them in all walks of life. Strangely the millionaires I've met are not the stuck up ones, it's the middle class privately educated faux-posh ones that tend to fit the bill. That would lead to me concluding that they're just fronting, though, I am in third year now and the front if it is present remains flawless as the day it was conceived.

Oh definitely. My best mate (and another mate too from the flat below) from uni was an ex-Etonian, most pleasant chap you can meet really. For the most part, they are taught to be decent young men. He was sheltered as hell (he had never been to Mcdonalds before lol), but so chill.

The middle class people from faux-posh institutions are the worst, the absolute worst.
One of my flatmates expressed shock that I was eating a sandwich off a plate on my knee, and I don't feel she ever looked at me the same after that. Not that I changed my behaviour for her of course, lol.

But honestly.. there are stuck up people everyone. Do your best to be nice to people, but if they don't respond to it, or if they look down their noses at you, sod them.

WHAT?

You should always eat a sandwich using a plate, on a table, using a knife and fork. They must be made of silver, though.
In a way, I'm so glad I chose to go to an ex-poly.

(Not to say they don't have their fair share of d-bags!!)
It's okay, we all got our own back by throwing oranges against the wall that separated the kitchen and her bedroom. Every time she did something to annoy us. Which was a lot.

In case you're interested, ladies DO NOT throw fruit. Oh well.
Good grief.

Tenants. From. Hell.

You, not her.
Original post by Steezy
You had a plate... What more does she want?

Napkins??

Original post by Octopus_Garden
Good grief.

Tenants. From. Hell.

You, not her.

Haha. In all fairness, you know nothing about me. Or her. You'd understand if you were there. I'm the quietest, least confrontational/argumentative person ever. I always did the cleaning to keep the peace, and nobody ever had a negative word to say about the way I behaved. Her, on the other hand.. complaining about everything, bitching and gossiping, having people over until the early hours with loud music, knocking on my door in the middle of the night on more than one occasion to ask for a light despite the fact I don't smoke, taking up an entire shelf of the fridge for her food despite the fact we were sharing a 2 shelf fridge between five of us. So yeah, I don't think so.
Napkins??

Haha. In all fairness, you know nothing about me. Or her. You'd understand if you were there. I'm the quietest, least confrontational/argumentative person ever. I always did the cleaning to keep the peace, and nobody ever had a negative word to say about the way I behaved. Her, on the other hand.. complaining about everything, bitching and gossiping, having people over until the early hours with loud music, knocking on my door in the middle of the night on more than one occasion to ask for a light despite the fact I don't smoke, taking up an entire shelf of the fridge for her food despite the fact we were sharing a 2 shelf fridge between five of us. So yeah, I don't think so.
You mistake the meaning of tenant. It's not synonymous with flatmate or neighbour.

None of the stuff you've listed (apart from loud music outside the hours likely specified on the rental contract) has great relevance to a landlord or landlady. Especially not compared to the fact you've admitted to throwing food at the walls.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
You mistake the meaning of tenant. It's not synonymous with flatmate or neighbour.

None of the stuff you've listed (apart from loud music outside the hours likely specified on the rental contract) has great relevance to a landlord or landlady. Especially not compared to the fact you've admitted to throwing food at the walls.

It must be marvellous to be perfect. The food never left a mark in case you're interested. Oranges are in skin..
putting "RG University" could also indicate you, yourself are stuck up.

And yes my flatmate was stuck up, annoying and now nobody in the flat likes her.
Original post by LeaX
Yeah it's been a bit of a culture shock if I'm honest. I went to a state school and honestly, I took for granted all the people I went to school with lol. I'm pretty sure that around 80-90% of the people I have met at university all attended private schools and, to me, it seems like they're from a different world sometimes. Before coming to university I thought that Gap Yah video was a joke, it's not. But it's very strange coming from a school of predominantly working class people who laughed at the rich kids' ways to being at university where it's the other way round.

Obviously I'm not saying that everyone from private schools are snobby or rude.

Lol that videos hilarious...and im on a gapyear aswell
Yes absolutely, I remember the experience of people being 'stuck up.' People get over themselves eventually.

I just usually would eat the sandwich off my knee without a plate, snob :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest