The Student Room Group

Now you can fly to US for £99

WowAir makes it possible to fly to US for such a cheap rate.However,you'll have to stop at Iceland to catch your next flight.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/23/you-can-now-fly-from-britain-to-the-us-for-99-but-you-have-to-go-via-iceland-4918383/?ito=facebook
Reply 1
Omar Baba 1p flight to New York!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Ggmu!
Omar Baba 1p flight to New York!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omar Baba lol!
Reply 3
Wow, that's cheap.
Reply 4
Original post by miser
Wow, that's cheap.

Tell me about it!
So aa flight From uk to us is cheaper than a virgin train from Manchester to london? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Gladiatorsword
So aa flight From uk to us is cheaper than a virgin train from Manchester to london? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahahaha.Well why not travel to the US now?
Reply 7
Original post by Gladiatorsword

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind it taking longer because of a layover, if you don't mind taking no bags, if you don't mind no food or drinks and if you don't mind booking a long way in advance... Yes.

But, if you're capable of booking that far in advance for a flight then you're capable of booking that far in advance for the train, and at that point the train won't cost even half that.
how do they manage it?!
Reply 9
Original post by hukdealz
how do they manage it?!

Don't know.Their planes look amazing.
Plus they are flying to Iceland <3 Then they fly to the US.
Reply 10
You'll have small children all around you screaming and kicking the back of your seat, I guarantee it.
Original post by hukdealz
how do they manage it?!

Small company, few overheads, new aircraft (so maintenance light), landing at non-standard/cheaper airports, no frills on board....
Interesting
Original post by Black Cat
Interesting

I know right
Original post by Drewski
Small company, few overheads, new aircraft (so maintenance light), landing at non-standard/cheaper airports, no frills on board....

still not viable, anyone remember Air Asia X flying LHR to Singapore for below £150? That lasted for a few months. I bet this won't last either
Original post by Drewski
If you don't mind it taking longer because of a layover, if you don't mind taking no bags, if you don't mind no food or drinks and if you don't mind booking a long way in advance... Yes.

.....so like many other airlines then? Most people who may not have been able to afford transatlantic flights but holiday in Europe will take those things as standard tbh. You have to pay for hold luggage on most short-medium haul airlines, no food/drink also not uncommon (Monarch, EasyJet, Thompson etc), extra leg room at £14 more actually beats its short haul competition.

That said not sure if this'll be viable long term, surely they'll need these planes to be rammed to capacity to make any decent return, along with hoping many take up the cost of hold luggage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending