The Student Room Group

Tiffins girls sixth form?

Hey guys,

I'm gonna apply for the Tiffins girls school sixth form, however i don't think i'll get in. They want my end of year 10 report which is fine as my grades are decent, except for one grade which is a D and i'm so worried they're gonna decline my application!
They want a set of predicted grades too, so those need to be good and i'm not aiming for anything below a B so my predicted grades should all be A/A* and B's.
Does anyone know about what the process is like and whether the D i got on my end of yr10 report is gonna restrict me from getting in? I'm so worried, i really wanna go there.
Thanksss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you do get in you're gonna have to do AS General Studies... with the boys at the Boys' School just down the A307 and to the east of Kingston town centre.

I used to go to Tiffin (Boys obviously) and I have fond memories of that :redface: Not sure if what I said still stands since it's been four years since I did my AS's

As for your predicted grades, hmm... Not sure about the requirements for the Girls', but for the Boys' it was 4As + 2Bs, at least B in Maths and English, at least A in the subjects you wish to take to full A Level. So my guess is that the requirements for Girls' is roughly the same
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
If you do get in you're gonna have to do AS General Studies... with the boys at the Boys' School just down the A307 and to the east of Kingston town centre.

I used to go to Tiffin (Boys obviously) and I have fond memories of that :redface: Not sure if what I said still stands since it's been four years since I did my AS's

Thanks for the response.
Why would i have to do general studies in the boys school? If i got in, wouldn't i be doing the subjects i want to at AS with the girls like normal?

At least that's how it was when I was at Tiffin, AS General Studies was compulsory (and the girls came over to the Boys' school and were taught the subject by the Boys' school's teachers, so it was compulsory for the girls as well).

Good thing is, you won't have to try your hardest at that subject since, if you wish to apply to uni to do a course other than Law, most unis will ignore General Studies
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
At least that's how it was when I was at Tiffin, AS General Studies was compulsory (and the girls came over to the Boys' school and were taught the subject by the Boys' school's teachers, so it was compulsory for the girls as well).

Good thing is, you won't have to try your hardest at that subject since, if you wish to apply to uni to do a course other than Law, most unis will ignore General Studies

Oh okk, so do you think i have a chance of getting into Tiffins despite the D on my end of year 10 report or nope?

Depends on what the D is for. If Maths/English, then probably not
Reply 6
Depends on what the D is for. If Maths/English, then probably not

The D is the grade i got for Music but i want to study it at a-level and i'm worried that that's what's gonna hinder my chances of getting in... Unless they say that i don't do that subject, But obviously i'm gonna try and get an A/A* for music because i do want to study it

I was predicted much less than an A for GCSE Maths yet I wanted to do Further Maths for A Level. I proved them wrong by getting an A*. Predicted grades mean nothing, if anything, they should motivate you to aim higher! :smile:
Reply 8
I was predicted much less than an A for GCSE Maths yet I wanted to do Further Maths for A Level. I proved them wrong by getting an A*. Predicted grades mean nothing, if anything, they should motivate you to aim higher! :smile:

Yeah ofcourse! I'm definitely not aiming for anything below a B in any of my subjects. It's just really annoying because i want to get into tiffins and i'm worried they're gonna think i'm not good enough because i got one D for music. :/

Quick Reply

Latest