The Student Room Group

Contiki vs Topdeck?

Hey, i'm looking at going travelling at some point in my gap year and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these companies? I've heard mixed reviews about both of them. I'll be 18/19 -depending when in the year I go and I'm considering travelling around Europe. Any recommendations?
I cannot recommend Topdeck enough - Contiki has a reputation as a party tour company, but on Topdeck there were a huge variety of people, some big drinkers who wanted to party every night, some who wanted to stay in to make the most of looking round the cities without a hangover...I went alone when I was 18 and made friends instantly, a real mix of ages and nationalities but all friendly and we got along really well. Go for Topdeck! :smile:
Reply 2
Unless someone has done multiple tours with both companies, they are in no position to compare them or advise. Sure, they experienced one tour with one company with a particular guide/driver and tour mates at a certain time in their life. Good sample, eh?

People fanatically defend and promote the one -they- experienced. Do a quick Google search to witness the pitched battle lines on Internet forums everywhere. What does that tell you about the experience these people had ?

Quick Reply

Latest