The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades and UCAS applications

I really want to go to Keele University and study a Social Sciences Foundation year but by reading some of the posts on here I'm worried that they may decline me if my predicted grades are higher than needed.

My predicted grades are: Sociology- B Economics- D Biology- E

I'm also taking General studies AS as I got a U in Chemistry last year but I'm not sure what my predicted grade will be.

Are they likely to decline my application? They say their approximate intake is 20 people. The entry requirements are 160 UCAS points but I'm so worried as I loved the University and could see myself studying there.

I've e-mailed the Uni but I'm currently waiting for a reply.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
If you get BDE you will have 200 UCAS points. You meet the entry requirements, so there is no reason not to go for it. The worst thing that will happen is that you get rejected, but if you don't apply you definitely won't get a place.
Original post by oliviagb
I really want to go to Keele University and study a Social Sciences Foundation year but by reading some of the posts on here I'm worried that they may decline me if my predicted grades are higher than needed.

My predicted grades are: Sociology- B Economics- D Biology- E

I'm also taking General studies AS as I got a U in Chemistry last year but I'm not sure what my predicted grade will be.

Are they likely to decline my application? They say their approximate intake is 20 people. The entry requirements are 160 UCAS points but I'm so worried as I loved the University and could see myself studying there.

I've e-mailed the Uni but I'm currently waiting for a reply.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Oliviagb,

The Foundation year courses are designed to help you to progress onto the degree choice of your choosing with the 160 UCAS points being the minimum needed to be accepted onto the course.

If you are predicted to hit above those 160, you can still be offered onto the Foundation Year course, or even the potential to be offered the opportunity to go straight onto your course depending on what your grades turn out to be.

I hope that this has helped, but if there is anything else, please don't hesitate to ask!

Ian
Reply 3
Thank you Ian, I definitely want to apply as it's my favourite university I've looked at.
I'm trying to send my application off ASAP. Are applications looked at as they come or after the January deadline?
Do you know how competitive the course is and how many people roughly apply for the course each year? Also if there are approx 20 places, approximately how many people are given offers?
Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest