The Student Room Group

Is life meaningless without a partner?

I feel so lonely. I would love to come home to then love of my life and have someone to share life with.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Life is meaningless anyway, you just forget about that crap when you're doing something.
Sigh.
Reply 3
Original post by iamintorture
Sigh.

I'm not partner material but I'll be your online buddy if you like...
Life is what you make of it. As the Powerthirst ad says, "When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."

But yeah, DErasmus is right; busy hands make for a busy mind. If you're engaged in doing one thing then your mind won't have the space required to fill up with ifs and buts.

Alternatively, refer to my first sentence. Go out, find someone, start a meaningful relationship with them.
Reply 5
I feel so lonely. I would love to come home to then love of my life and have someone to share life with.

You'll get him darling. Just enjoy every day for the little things.
Sigh.

Don't mind the pessimist/defeatist.

I'm also looking for someone to share life with and I know exactly how you feel! But we're so far away haha
Have a song.

Reply 8
Original post by nohomo
I'm not partner material but I'll be your online buddy if you like...

Nicely put
Life wouldnt be meaningless, but it is a good thing to have a partner to love and be with.
Hopefully, you will be with someone you love and will take care of you.
Im single myself.
Reply 10
Original post by Pomum96
Nicely put

Thanks dawg <3
Why do people put so much importance on partners, on other people?

Seriously, you need to be happy with yourself in order to be happy with others.

They should be an extension to your life, not your whole life.
Original post by Pomum96
Nicely put
*rolls on the ground into a ball of fur just to get your attention*
Original post by Drunk Punx
Life is what you make of it. As the Powerthirst ad says, "When God gives you lemons, you find a new God."

[video="youtube;f2vNuaBQNKE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2vNuaBQNKE[/video]
Original post by WeedCanKill
Why do people put so much importance on partners, on other people?

I wonder why people are so concerned with doing the one thing that all sexual life revolves around?

:iiam:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think life is about FINDING meaning for yourself. If that meaning is a partner, a job, a hobby, a child, a friend.. anything. But you have to find that. Having a partner and marriage and babies is the most common "meaning", but increasingly people, particularly women, are realising that actually there are lots more things that can bring meaning to life as well.

If you're lonely, think about when you're lonely, and find something to do. Join a class, go to a club, get in touch with friends etc. And you know what? You'll probably meet your partner when you least expect to anyway!
Nah. Not if you're remarkably self absorbed like I am, then you're always with the person you love most.
Original post by nohomo
Thanks dawg <3

Welcome darling
Original post by squirrelman
*rolls on the ground into a ball of fur just to get your attention*

I dont understand what you want me to do! Should I pet you?

I wouldn't say it's meaningless, but you'll invariably end up with considerably less affection in your life as a result.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending