The Student Room Group

Smiling, eye contact, confused... help?

Hi there! So, I'm in college, AS-levels. There's a girl in one of my classes who sits nearby a few seats away. There's a little group of about four or five of us who often talk together at the beginning and end of lessons and when class discussions happen, of which we are both a part. Whenever I make eye contact with her, and we're not talking, she smiles at me; but it's kind of a funny smile, it's really wide but not with the eyes. Kind of wry, I guess? Ordinarily, I might take it as a kind of 'stop looking at me' smile (though I don't believe I stare at her especially) but she's always very friendly whenever we talk. I'm not really sure how to react - at them moment I just smile back then look away.

If you have a moment to spare to help out someone severely impoverished in social skills... help? Any ideas on what this might mean?
I wouldn't read into it too much, I would say it is just a kinda 'Hi there' smile.
I smile at everyone and make eye contact too, doesn't mean I like that person in that way. Just a good nature. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending