The Student Room Group

Would you reject a girl you found attractive?

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reject is a strong word.

But if you feel nothing for her, what is the point in being with her just because of her looks?

Do you think that the more you stare at her the more her personality will work with yours ? or...?

I'm with your friends on this one.
Usually guys are more in to looks..

Anyway, depends on context and motives. Someone looking for a relationship or has a lot of choices (abundance) are less needy and don't mind rejecting girls that don't have a spark because they know that that wasn't their one of few chances and there is even better out there for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have rejected conventionally hot girls because they're more my friends
Original post by Stark95
I actually don't care much about looks when it comes to dating :P However I felt genuinely surprised when really nice, pretty girls got flat out rejected as soon as they showed hint of interest towards my friends.It's just an attitude I don't fully understand.

Oh right, well to be fair.

Everyone's taste is different anyway so someone you'd literally take a bullet for, another man might be like..nah don't think so and vice versa.

I love women (just as you do) and I care about looks to the extent that two people have to actually like the look of each other..but if we don't click, we don't click.

I'm not going to waste anyone's time or try and push something that isn't there because she looks amazing XD
I would reject a girl whom I found attractive, if she showed signs of being unstable or not a suitable person to be in a relationship with. For example, from experience, if a girl is very attractive but also really needy and talks about her exes all the time, then her looks wouldn't mean so much to me. I'd rather go out with someone who wasn't as physically attractive if I could see them having a positive effect on me.
Reply 6
Original post by MaseratiJay
Oh right, well to be fair.

Everyone's taste is different anyway so someone you'd literally take a bullet for, another man might be like..nah don't think so and vice versa.

I love women (just as you do) and I care about looks to the extent that two people have to actually like the look of each other..but if we don't click, we don't click.

I'm not going to waste anyone's time or try and push something that isn't there because she looks amazing XD

I can see your point :biggrin:
Reply 7
Mostly not. Just occasionally there are attractive girls who know will be bad news and which you hold back on. But even then if they try hard enough you might be tempted.
Reply 8
lol, yes.

For anybody who says they wouldn't; how would you put up with them if they were boring or a ****ter?
Yes
Because if she doesn't have the right personality to go with the looks she has got to go lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
no
Original post by Stinkum
no

Hi
Haven't seen you since august time lol

Imagine if the girl was the hottest girl ever but she was the meanest girl ever who would spit on you and insult you and take your money
Would you want to be with her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Hi
Haven't seen you since august time lol

Imagine if the girl was the hottest girl ever but she was the meanest girl ever who would spit on you and insult you and take your money
Would you want to be with her?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh hello there TSR person :smile: :smile:

to answer your question - no! haha of course not, i dont want her to take my money. but otherwise, I'd say yes.
Reply 13
Original post by Stark95
Okay so I am a guy and I personally wouldn't. A lot of my friends however rejected perfectly fine, pretty , smart girls - not because they were taken , just because they didn't feel the ''spark''.
It's something I always thought was more of a ''girl thing'' to do ...
Would you do it?

In certain situations, e.g. I am moving to uni next year and so wouldn't want a girlfriend for that :colone:.
Original post by Stinkum
oh hello there TSR person :smile: :smile:

to answer your question - no! haha of course not, i dont want her to take my money. but otherwise, I'd say yes.

Ok you seem desperate for a relationship if you wouldn't mind dating a girl who is mean to you and insults you:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stark95
Okay so I am a guy and I personally wouldn't. A lot of my friends however rejected perfectly fine, pretty , smart girls - not because they were taken , just because they didn't feel the ''spark''.
It's something I always thought was more of a ''girl thing'' to do ...
Would you do it?

I honestly might go with the girl for a little (not lead them on, just spend some more time around them) to just make sure the 'spark' isn't there but after that, if there is just nothing there in that way, I move on. It just feels like a waste of time otherwise and I don't enjoy it knowing it isn't there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Ok you seem desperate for a relationship if you wouldn't mind dating a girl who is mean to you and insults you:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha you're right, im desperate. but i hate when a girl is mean to me and insults me, it send me running to the hills, i really hate that. i want someone who's gentle, nice and soft :smile: lol. i live in a fantasy world.
Original post by Stinkum
haha you're right, im desperate. but i hate when a girl is mean to me and insults me, it send me running to the hills, i really hate that. i want someone who's gentle, nice and soft :smile: lol. i live in a fantasy world.

Pretty negative to think only in a fantasy world will you meet someone who isn't going to be mean to you...I mean why would you expect someone who is attracted to you enough to want to be your partner to be cruel to you unless they're a sadist...but then again if you a masochist...match made in heaven.
Reply 18
Original post by samba
lol, yes.

For anybody who says they wouldn't; how would you put up with them if they were boring or a ****ter?

This.

If you answered no I'd worry about your priorities. Pretty idiots are everywhere.
Reply 19
Original post by Kaiju
This.

If you answered no I'd worry about your priorities. Pretty idiots are everywhere.

Worrying thing is it was almost everybody....

Quick Reply

Latest