The Student Room Group

Taking year out - chances of getting into uni with...

Hi,

I've decided to take a year out and work this year. I received my A-levels in August (BCD) which I was quite disappointed about, but was hospitalised for the most part of the exam season so was quite expected. Anyway, i have reapplied to MMU. Nearly all courses are 260 ucas points, I currently have 240. What chance do I stand of getting into MMU with 240?

Also - The fact that i've already got my A-level results, will the uni tell me immediately whether im accepted or not? Or will i just have to wait till results day in August?

Thanks in advance
They may be lenient with a single grade as you have EC's. If you're worried, you could always retake an exam?

As you're post A-level with no results to wait for, you'll most likely get an unconditional offer (as you've already got the conditions) or a rejection

(edit: do you have a fourth AS? Because those UCAS points are often also included.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
They may be lenient with a single grade as you have EC's. If you're worried, you could always retake an exam?

As you're post A-level with no results to wait for, you'll most likely get an unconditional offer (as you've already got the conditions) or a rejection

(edit: do you have a fourth AS? Because those UCAS points are often also included.)

I unfortunately do not. I had originally planned to retake two A2 modules this year, but was problematic with the school etc so its essentially out of the picture now and im depending on what i have at the minute. I have friends who attend MMU and have told me that they tend to be pretty lenient if its only something like 20 points, I've read that online too. However, I'm not betting on it. Thanks for your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest