The Student Room Group

Career in Pharmacy in the UK 2014

Don't do Pharmacy. If I was at university or abou to choose a career this is one I would stay well clear of. Currently there are 26 schools of Pharmacy churning out more graduates that there are either training posts or job vacancies for. You will acculate a huge amount of debt and not be in a position to pay it off anytime soon not to mention trying to get on the property ladder or have and sort of liveable income. Check websites of major employers. Subscribe to Chemist and Druggist magazine to see views of other Pharmacists and government policy which currently is NOT interested in capping student numbers. The result- too many pharmacists for too few jobs. Salaries have already dropped and newly qualifieds are earning less each year compared to the previous. That's if you are lucky to find a paid training post. Do the research carefully and speak to qualified Pharmacists. If you can find five out of ten who recommend the career then go for it. I seriously doubt you will fine one. Good luck.
Reply 1
Chris brown has only sold 234,907 of his latest album X which has been out for around a month now. Compared to 2012's F.A.M.E when he sold 270,000 first week alone in the U.S.

Point is times are hard everywhere you look you have to adapt to survive or become redundant.
Original post by H.N.I.C
Chris brown has only sold 234,907 of his latest album X which has been out for around a month now. Compared to 2012's F.A.M.E when he sold 270,000 first week alone in the U.S.

Point is times are hard everywhere you look you have to adapt to survive or become redundant.

Do you do pharmacy?
Reply 3
Original post by Jaska
Do you do pharmacy?

yeh
Original post by H.N.I.C
yeh

Have you ever worked in a pharmacy?
Reply 5
yeh it was quite boring..where you going with this ?
Original post by H.N.I.C
yeh it was quite boring..where you going with this ?

if youre ok getting paid a low wage for a boring job then i got nothing extra to say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending