The Student Room Group

How online dating ruined my gains

I've signed up to 2 dating websites and I am going to tell you the stories that take place during my dating experience. So far I've been on one date and needless to say it was very weird.

Her name was Aimee. I decided to meet this woman after speaking to her for a few days. We decided to go to a restaurant, grab something to eat and then go from there. I turn up to the restaurant expecting to see this rather good looking lass and instead my eyes land upon what can only be described as an in real life 3D photoshopped version of her. She was a lot bigger than her photo led me to believe.

We get into the restaurant and we order some food. She is actually a really nice person so we get chatting about some interesting topics. Turns out she goes to dance classes so I thought good on her for working out regardless of her weight. That takes courage and bravery to do that as loads of people are put off going to the gym.

The food comes and we order something simple, gourmet burgers and potato wedges with garnish. She finishes hers incredibly quickly. I still have at least half of mine left as I'm trying to eat in a civilised fashion as its a date. Anyway, she then starts taking some wedges off my plate. I am sickened by her actions especially as she hadn't asked and I am pretty hungry as I'd not long left the gym. As I watch her chubby claw swoop down like a seagull after a delicious sandwich on a trip to the seaside I can't help but shout out 'NOOO!' in my mind. Yet she still continues to take a handful of my potato wedges and then part of my burger. I look at her in disbelief.

As my plate empties I feel like I have been short changed as I've had half of my meal because she's helped herself to it. I'm now extremely hungry as I've not consumed an adequate amount of protein and I therefore still have an urge to eat more. The date ends and needless to say not very well. She was a nice woman but her unforgivable practices were just too much for me to take.

I watch her leave in the taxi and off she goes. As I walk home she texts me to let me know she's okay so I am happy with that news. One thing I'm not happy with though is the empty feeling I have left in my stomach. As I walk home through the harrowing streets of the British Isles I see a kebab shop all lit up. I see the meat going around through the window. At this point, after walking 20 minutes, I am now starving again. I enter the kebab shop and order a doner kebab. I eat the kebab on the way home and it was delicious.

However, I now feel sick that I ate that high calorie meal because of her inconsiderate actions. Had she left my plate of food alone I would have been fully nourished. I've now had to work extra hard in the gym to burn off those extra calories. I have learned a valuable lesson. This woman ruined my gains and put my schedule back. I will never forgive her for her actions.
boo bloody hoo
Reply 2
how can calories ruin your gains? calories can only ever improve your gains. you should text her back saying thanks, you're well on the way to bulking up. u should have returned to the gym to do some deadlifts and squats instead of going home.
Reply 3
Original post by Stinkum
how can calories ruin your gains? calories can only ever improve your gains. you should text her back saying thanks, you're well on the way to bulking up. u should have returned to the gym to do some deadlifts and squats instead of going home.

She ruined them. I was on the path to getting shredded. My gains are now on hold as I have to burn those calories. She ruined them. I'm still angry and wont ever forgive her.
If a guy did that to me, he would lose his fingers in the process.

Where's her manners?!?!?!
Original post by Reeeeyah
If a guy did that to me, he would lose his fingers in the process.

Where's her manners?!?!?!

It's possible she has an excuse but certainly doesn't come across particularly well. Deceitful in her profile picture, compounded by being rude in taking his food without asking. Of course, she might be insecure and even embarrassed at her behaviour. OP clearly cares about his health and fitness, honesty, manners. They might just be incompatible, she might be trying to change but is having difficulty but if he honestly can't put up with someone with such an unhealthy lifestyle and not a particularly great start then I'd say its pretty fair to not want to continue.
Online dating is sooooooooo beta.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending