The Student Room Group

Bart's and the London Medicine (Mean UKCAT + Tariff) combined points

Poll

What is your combined ( Mean UKCAT + Tariff points )

For 2015 applicants

Example : Predicted A*A* A (400tariff) , say you also have 2 additional AS subjects at grade a (60+60 tariff) , a distinction in a music exam grade8 gives 80 tariff . So your sub total becomes 600.

Lets say you have scored 2660 in the UKCAT (2660/4 = 665 points)

Your total score becomes 600+665 =1265 points

In 2013 threads, the cut off was around 1300. Unless Queen Mary changes their calculation method this year and noting that mean UKCAT scores have come down by around 40-45 points, I suspect (as an independent observer) anyone scoring above 1250 points will have a pretty good chance of getting an interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CMMcy
For 2015 applicants

Example : Predicted A*A* A (400tariff) , say you also have 2 additional AS subjects at grade a (60+60 tariff) , a distinction in a music exam grade8 gives 80 tariff . So your sub total becomes 600.

In 2013 threads, the cut off was around 1300. Unless Queen Mary changes their calculation method this year and noting that mean UKCAT scores have come down by around 40-45 points, I suspect (as an independent observer) anyone scoring above 1250 points will have a pretty good chance of getting an interview.

I ended up not applying to Barts but I got 1488 :tongue: I didn't like the fact that Bart did not compound the pre interview results along with interview outcome to give an offer because I'm weak at interviews and at the end of the day you want an offer not a post interview rejection :]

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by smilepeople
I ended up not applying to Barts but I got 1488 :tongue: I didn't like the fact that Bart did not compound the pre interview results along with interview outcome to give an offer because I'm weak at interviews and at the end of the day you want an offer not a post interview rejection :]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish you had done so because it seems that Bart's is only a few of the schools left which does a classical interviews. In classical interviews the answers you give are scored by the panel and you end up getting an average score for each question asked . MMI s are fairly new in the UK with only a very few Youtube examples (stations are generally scored by one person) and to be honest I personally would have liked a classical interview .
Original post by CMMcy
I wish you had done so because it seems that Bart's is only a few of the schools left which does a classical interviews. In classical interviews the answers you give are scored by the panel and you end up getting an average score for each question asked . MMI s are fairly new in the UK with only a very few Youtube examples (stations are generally scored by one person) and to be honest I personally would have liked a classical interview .

Hmm so does king's tho :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi all, i assume 745 ukcat and 630 tariff is competitive for interview right? (reapplicant)
1465 for me
Reply 6
Original post by solarplexus
hi all, i assume 745 ukcat and 630 tariff is competitive for interview right? (reapplicant)

First of all congratulations on your high UKCAT and a very good tariff score.
Btw International Baccalaureate Diploma holders generally score very high on tariff points (720 max) however your tariff is also very good.

As I said in my introductory comments on the opening of this thread, I expect someone like you (1375 points) to have passed the first hurdle without any problems. However although Queen Mary gives no reference to reading your personal statements, I expect the second stage will be reading personal statements. Afterall your interview will be based partly on your PS and I doubt very much wheter they would call you blindfolded.

I'm sure you have submitted a good PS , so good luck Tomorrow's Doctor.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CMMcy
First of all congratulations on your high UKCAT and a very good tariff score.
Btw International Baccalaureate Diploma holders generally score very high on tariff points (720 max) however your tariff is also very good.

As I said in my introductory comments on the opening of this thread, I expect someone like you (1375 points) to have passed the first hurdle without any problems. However although Queen Mary gives no reference to reading your personal statements, I expect the second stage will be reading personal statements. Afterall your interview will be based partly on your PS and I doubt very much wheter they would call you blindfolded.

I'm sure you have submitted a good PS , so good luck Tomorrow's Doctor.

Hmm ok, I got interview last year with 725 ukcat and 610 tariff (a-level and they under-predicted me last year)..ive improved on the ps greatly - did more stuff...really hope i can get in this year....
I am graduate so unfortunately cant vote because my A levels dont count.
Reply 9
1432.5 hmm
Reply 10
If the number of voters reach at least 80-90 , I will analyse and comment.

In the meantime, the attached freedom of information request shows the correspondence between a Jenny Brown and Queen Mary

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/medicine_a100

You can download the example of the given ethical scenario. You can not revise but at least you can visit the GMC's website for other ethical issues.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by CMMcy
For 2015 applicants

ANALYSIS OF VOTES

Unfortunately only 33 applicants took part in our polling. This few number of votes would not enable us to do a very reliable estimate for the 2000 applicants of which 40% would be called for interview. Nevertheless we can adopt the following methodology:
1.) The cast votes by 33 applicants represents the full spectrum
2.)There are assumed 10 more applicants who didn't bother to vote because their poins were below 1100
3.)Similar to second case above , 25 applicants did not vote.

In the attachment below, cumulative frequency distributions for all three cases are shown.
For case 1 above, the cutoff is around 1350, for case 2 we get 1300 and for case 3 the cutoff falls to 1250.
The average of all cases would give 1300 ,let us be a bit more optimistic with a cutoff of 1275!
Best of luck to all of you. Hope you have a good interview with a subsequent offer.:smile:
Reply 12
I got 1262.5 so hopefully I will be able to get an interview. Barts is my first choice.
Do u know if the score is higher or lower for international student?
And do they use ucas point or do they rank people according to how many A* they have. I am doing 5 a level, do they have a maximum no of a level for the point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Wing:)
I got 1262.5 so hopefully I will be able to get an interview. Barts is my first choice.
Do u know if the score is higher or lower for international student?
And do they use ucas point or do they rank people according to how many A* they have. I am doing 5 a level, do they have a maximum no of a level for the point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An A* would award you 140 tariff points so 5 A levels would earn you an enviable high tariff points. As far as I know competition for international applicants is just as fierce as for home applicants.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by CMMcy
An A* would award you 140 tariff points so 5 A levels would earn you an enviable high tariff points. As far as I know competition for international applicants is just as fierce as for home applicants.

I dont have A* for predicted grade :unimpressed: even i got over 90% UMS in AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending