The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2015 Applicant for Accounting and Finance

Hi, so I am an international student and will be applying to LSE for Bsc Accounting and Finance with a predicted IB Grade of 766 in HL and 766 in SL. I would like to know my chances and has anyone sent in their application yet? What were ur PG?

Scroll to see replies

What is your predicted for bonus points and what subjects do you take?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by normandi
Hi, so I am an international student and will be applying to LSE for Bsc Accounting and Finance with a predicted IB Grade of 766 in HL and 766 in SL. I would like to know my chances and has anyone sent in their application yet? What were ur PG?

Just out of curiosity, what subjects did you take? Will the fact that I'm doing standard level maths hinder my chances? My dad (an accountant) keeps on assuring me that the level of maths in accounting and finance is not that high so standard level maths will suffice...

P.S.: I am taking HL Economics, Psychology, Biology/SL English, Spanish, Maths
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by pbunny
Just out of curiosity, what subjects did you take? Will the fact that I'm doing standard level maths hinder my chances? My dad (an accountant) keeps on assuring me that the level of maths in accounting and finance is not that high so standard level maths will suffice...

P.S.: I am taking HL Economics, Psychology, Biology/SL English, Spanish, Maths

I think LSE says math hl is desirable, but not essential for Bsc Accounting and Finance...

What are ur predicted grades?
Reply 4
I think LSE says math hl is desirable, but not essential for Bsc Accounting and Finance...

What are ur predicted grades?

Ah, I see. I'm not exactly sure, I'm only in IB1.
Reply 5
I have applied for this course and am doing a levels in maths, accounting, further maths and physics.
Has anyone received any replies?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Are there any updates for this thread? Or has nobody got a result yet? Submitted by app on the 12 no and yet to receive my 8 week email :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Zenith154
Are there any updates for this thread? Or has nobody got a result yet? Submitted by app on the 12 no and yet to receive my 8 week email :frown:

I submitted mine last week and got the 2-week email this week. Still waiting for the 8-week email. But so far haven't heard anyone got offers from this course yet.
Reply 8
I submitted mine last week and got the 2-week email this week. Still waiting for the 8-week email. But so far haven't heard anyone got offers from this course yet.

Haha I just got the 8 week email an hour ago. Fingers crossed for the next 2 months :smile:
Reply 9
Haha I just got the 8 week email an hour ago. Fingers crossed for the next 2 months :smile:

hahaha good luck, if i haven't got it wrong, you already got offers other places already right?
hahaha good luck, if i haven't got it wrong, you already got offers other places already right?

Funnily enough no...applied to LSE bath Warwick and strathclyde on the 12th of November. Haven't heard a thing from strathclyde and Warwick besides acknowledgements (strathclyde didn't even acknowledge) and bath told me they couldn't decide till all the applications came in after January. So LSE has the most success (if you can call it that) thus far.
Reply 11
Funnily enough no...applied to LSE bath Warwick and strathclyde on the 12th of November. Haven't heard a thing from strathclyde and Warwick besides acknowledgements (strathclyde didn't even acknowledge) and bath told me they couldn't decide till all the applications came in after January. So LSE has the most success (if you can call it that) thus far.

oh, then I must have mistaken you with another user. Do you take the A levels or IB? And what are your predicted grades?
oh, then I must have mistaken you with another user. Do you take the A levels or IB? And what are your predicted grades?

I finished my IB last year with a score of 44 points. 7 points for all subjects and B/B for bonus. So I'm not using predicted. I think I'm the only guy applying for deferred entry to 2016 lol
Reply 13
I finished my IB last year with a score of 44 points. 7 points for all subjects and B/B for bonus. So I'm not using predicted. I think I'm the only guy applying for deferred entry to 2016 lol

Just out of curiosity: What subjects did you do?
Original post by pbunny
Just out of curiosity: What subjects did you do?

Physics math and economics HL
Business and management Chinese B and Langlit SL
Reply 15
has anyone received an offer for a&f?
I applied for this course last month. It's been 3 weeks since I got the 8 week mail. Fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you dont mind me asking, what are your predicted grades and subjects?
I sent off my application mid october (19th) . Applied to LSE, Warwick and Bath for Accounting and Finance in addition to UCL and Nottingham for economics.

Got Warwick, Bath and Nottingham offers so waiting on LSE and UCL. Starting the 4th week of the 8 week....

AAAB in Maths, Further Maths, German and Economics with A*A*(potentially)AA in maths, further maths, Economics and German

LSE are prolonging this - they are giving out other subject offers relativley quickly to be honest!
Reply 19
I would like to apply for MsC in Finance in LSE and my profile is as follows:

Major: Business Administration/Finance GPA:3.87 / 4.00 - Highest in Department and Faculty
Minor: Economics, GPA:3.67

Numerous extracurricular activities. 4 internships, one in my country's stock exchange, one in the banking department of Central Bank and one in Erasmus Internship Program.

34th out of 1.5 million students in university entrance exam. One of the references is from former Central Bank Governor who is also instructor in finance department and one reference from associate professor in Business Ad. Department but not teaching finance.

My question is: What are my chances to be accepted for this program and is getting a reference letter from a instructor who was former Central Bank Governor rather than finance professor is a downside?

Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest