The Student Room Group

Got a first date tonight, is what I'm wearing ok?

This is what I'm thinking of wearing: I can either wear a white shirt or the blue shirt, for trousers I'm going to be wearing black jeans Should I wear the jacket or should I ditch it? I'm in shape and go gym and everything here fits me really well

Also does it look like I'm trying to hard with what I'm wearing?

http://imgur.com/a/7Iw6K

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol how old are you?
u look hot
Reply 3
Original post by aka r
lol how old are you?
Reply 4
It depends where you're going. If you're going to the cinema/Nando's/somewhere casual then you should ditch the jacket! It's smart and looks great but unless you're going for a nice meal or trying to give the impression that you've got a good amount of money it's one for another time.
Reply 5
Original post by movies
It depends where you're going. If you're going to the cinema/Nando's/somewhere casual then you should ditch the jacket! It's smart and looks great but unless you're going for a nice meal or trying to give the impression that you've got a good amount of money it's one for another time.

We're going to a bar on call lane (pretty much like a posh part of town, where everyone with money and jobs go out for drinks) I'm just really conflicted as we're both like uni students, it just doesn't really feel that natural wearing stuff like this.
Original post by 0range
We're going to a bar on call lane (pretty much like a posh part of town, where everyone with money and jobs go out for drinks) I'm just really conflicted as we're both like uni students, it just doesn't really feel that natural wearing stuff like this.

If it doesn't feel natural to wear it, then don't. Nice shirt, black jeans and nice shoes will be fine.
Reply 7
Original post by 0range

If it doesn't feel natural, don't wear it.
Reply 8
Original post by 0range

Yes, I know Call Lane - go for it! Put it this way, you won't make the wrong impression :smile:

Just think, you'll be taking it off in the bar so she'll only see it when you're walking around,
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
If it doesn't feel natural to wear it, then don't. Nice shirt, black jeans and nice shoes will be fine.

Original post by CRW1996
If it doesn't feel natural, don't wear it.

Aha by that I meant the whole smart look, as in shirt, jacket, shoes. I guess it might just be a mentality I have to get over?
Also should I go for the blue shirt or white shirt?
Are you an 80 year old geezer? :lol:
Reply 11
Did you literally just buy that crap for a date....

Original post by iEatMuFFiNS

Don't they teach you to be nice and gentle in tardonia? :lol:
Original post by 0range
Aha by that I meant the whole smart look, as in shirt, jacket, shoes. I guess it might just be a mentality I have to get over?

I think the white one looks better.

Smart/casual is a good look to go for on a date, if you feel comfortable dressing like this then go for it.
Original post by 0range

If you're wearing dark trousers I'd avoid a white shirt. Without the jacket on, you'll probably look like you're either a bartender or someone who just got off work.
Reply 14
Original post by TurboCretin
If you're wearing dark trousers I'd avoid a white shirt. Without the jacket on, you'll probably look like you're either a bartender or someone who just got off work.

I disagree completely with this! A clean, crisp white shirt on a guy is definitely the one
I like it, blue shirt if your jeans are black tho.

You want to come across as relaxed and confident and comfortable, not fidgeting with your clothes. So if you think you can stay cool in the jacket then wear it, you'll be taking it off in the bar anyway, if you think it will be a distraction then leave it at home.

Relax. If you are not relaxed it will show.

Enjoy! :smile:
Original post by EthanLowexoxo
u look hot

Air conditioning in Europe broke down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Studies show that women like men who wear tracksuits. Stains show that you work hard and can provide for a family.
Original post by futbol
Studies show that women like men who wear tracksuits. Stains show that you work hard and can provide for a family.

Colors like gold with Burberry caps tell that you have lots of money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by movies
Yes, I know Call Lane - go for it! Put it this way, you won't make the wrong impression :smile:

Just think, you'll be taking it off in the bar so she'll only see it when you're walking around,

Woo someone who knows the pressure of call lane! I've been there quite a few time but just never before it hits like 1 in the morning, so I don't really know what to expect!

Original post by iEatMuFFiNS

Nope just a guy going on a date with a girl that I like.

Original post by samba
Did you literally just buy that crap for a date....

I mean I bought the shirts for the date, the jacket is Burberry and I've had it for a while, just haven't really had the chance to wear it. Can't really go to a club or a rave with a jacket like this.

Original post by LolaLowe
I like it, blue shirt if your jeans are black tho.

You want to come across as relaxed and confident and comfortable, not fidgeting with your clothes. So if you think you can stay cool in the jacket then wear it, you'll be taking it off in the bar anyway, if you think it will be a distraction then leave it at home.

Relax. If you are not relaxed it will show.

Enjoy! :smile:

Like it's just way too cold to go out without a jacket or coat of some kind, and I really don't think going in my parka is a good idea hahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending