The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MsC Law and Finance - what are my chances?

Hi everyone!! :aetsch:
I'm currently in the process of applying for the MsC Law and Finance course at Oxford University of the year 2015/16.

I am predicted a distinction from the University of Exeter in my LLM International Commercial Law having passed six out of eight subjects at distinction level and receiving high merits in the other two. I am currently in the process of editing my LLM thesis for academic publication (which focuses on the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013). In August I did a two week vacation scheme for Clifford Chance after winning a place via their Intelligent Aid Competition on growth economies, and received scores of 93rd percentile in the Watson-Glaser and 78th percentile in my verbal reasoning test. I have also done work with Slaughter and May, the Department of Education and various other smaller law firms. I am also hoping to receive an award for coming first in my class for my LLM.

Despite all of this I actually received a 2.2 in my LLB from Essex University in 2012 due to extenuating circumstances. Do you think that this 2.2 will jeopardise my ability to be considered for the MsC Law and Finance course at Oxford, or do they look at current academic work? I have excellent recommendations, but even with the distinction, as I have found with training contract applications, everyone looks at the LLB.

Anyone who has any knowledge on this I would really appreciate the feedback, not least because the application requires £50 which I would rather not waste!!

Thank you in advance! :colondollar:

Sophie x
Reply 1
Anyone? Really no one has any ideas?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by SophieLK
Anyone? Really no one has any ideas?

A friend of mine got onto that course with a 2:1 LLB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending