The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

K+ scheme

Did anyone else apply? I applied for the healthcare 'band' (aka medicine) of the K+ scheme and they sent out emails today about whether you got in! I didn't :s-smilie: They also said they won't offer individual feedback about why because so many people applied.

Well done if you did get in! I'm on the waiting list but I doubt that means anything :tongue:
Bump.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I applied last year and now i am in the second year of k+

Check your junk mail because thats where it was for me

Im not going to lie k+ is incredible, the people you meet and the university enviroment is gorgoues. For the first time in my life i felt like a top academic student because they accepted me until AS level results day when i got AABB causing me to feel so bad
I just got an acceptance email for the healthcare stream! So happy :biggrin: Most of my mates have been put on the waiting list though :frown:
They might not have given you a place because the area you live in isn't deprived enough, they use the polar quintile and acorn data. They use it to judge how deprived your area is and how many people from your area go onto higher education so if lots do you have a smaller chance.
Reply 5
I got into the Languages and Literature stream! Can't wait!!
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Did anyone else apply? I applied for the healthcare 'band' (aka medicine) of the K+ scheme and they sent out emails today about whether you got in! I didn't :s-smilie: They also said they won't offer individual feedback about why because so many people applied.

Well done if you did get in! I'm on the waiting list but I doubt that means anything :tongue:

Waiting list does means something! They take attendance very seriously and I know a number of people who joined the programme half way through because people were dropped.

Original post by kdizzle97
They might not have given you a place because the area you live in isn't deprived enough, they use the polar quintile and acorn data. They use it to judge how deprived your area is and how many people from your area go onto higher education so if lots do you have a smaller chance.

I don't think that's true. There's a guy I know on it who lives basically in central London, legit 10-15 mins away from their Strand campus. (I'm on my second year of doing K+, History and Politics stream)
I applied and didn't get in so don't feel disheartened,
They put me on the waiting list though but that basically means that I won't get a place :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, I don't think that's it as the exact area I live in is pretty awful. Maybe they take into account the area of the school instead? I'm sure my PS wasn't as good as other applicants so that's why!
Original post by Preshh
I got into the Languages and Literature stream! Can't wait!!

Ooh congrats! It seems like a really fun opportunity so make the most of it:wink:
Original post by Miladrises
I applied last year and now i am in the second year of k+

Check your junk mail because thats where it was for me

Im not going to lie k+ is incredible, the people you meet and the university enviroment is gorgoues. For the first time in my life i felt like a top academic student because they accepted me until AS level results day when i got AABB causing me to feel so bad

Yup I'm on the waiting list! Wow, it seems amazing. I'm still going to apply to Kings (it was my first choice for uni-visiting) hopefully!

Don't worry, AABB is still pretty damn good. What are you applying for?
Original post by noshahmad
I applied and didn't get in so don't feel disheartened,
They put me on the waiting list though but that basically means that I won't get a place :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Megh, it sucks! I think they basically told everyone who didn't get in in that they were on the waiting list and they'll probably rank waiting list applicants so if someone drops out they'll be a list for who they will accept.

What else are you applying for? I've applied for this Queen Mary's medicine open day and should be getting an email soon, hopefully will go a lot better than K+ :afraid:
Megh, it sucks! I think they basically told everyone who didn't get in in that they were on the waiting list and they'll probably rank waiting list applicants so if someone drops out they'll be a list for who they will accept.

What else are you applying for? I've applied for this Queen Mary's medicine open day and should be getting an email soon, hopefully will go a lot better than K+ :afraid:

I'm not sure what I should apply for that's relative to my subject choices. I want to some sort of science degree.
Have you looked into a talk known as 'education medicine' at imperial? I went and I swear its such a motivational thing. Even if I wasn't looking into doing medicine, the guys enthusiasm made me second guess it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noshahmad
I'm not sure what I should apply for that's relative to my subject choices. I want to some sort of science degree.
Have you looked into a talk known as 'education medicine' at imperial? I went and I swear its such a motivational thing. Even if I wasn't looking into doing medicine, the guys enthusiasm made me second guess it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about biochem? I know King's are doing a summer school for biochem in the summer which is pretty awesome (oxbridge run similar programmes) + if you're not sure about what to do sign up at this thing http://www.accessprofessions.com/ because it's AMAZING and will list all the talks/work experience/induction days related to a range of subjects! I've done it for medicine and it basically lists everything ever.

Oooh can you link me about some details? Unless it's already done (if it's past can you tell me about it?) :smile:
Yup I'm on the waiting list! Wow, it seems amazing. I'm still going to apply to Kings (it was my first choice for uni-visiting) hopefully!

Don't worry, AABB is still pretty damn good. What are you applying for?

Dentistry
Original post by beaverhausen

I don't think that's true. There's a guy I know on it who lives basically in central London, legit 10-15 mins away from their Strand campus. (I'm on my second year of doing K+, History and Politics stream)

It was only an idea haha :smile: That's what it seemed like from my school though!

Hmm, I don't think that's it as the exact area I live in is pretty awful. Maybe they take into account the area of the school instead? I'm sure my PS wasn't as good as other applicants so that's why!

I'm not sure to be honest haha! Maybe, but don't put yourself down! Have a good half term :biggrin:
It was only an idea haha :smile: That's what it seemed like from my school though!

I'm not sure to be honest haha! Maybe, but don't put yourself down! Have a good half term :biggrin:

I won't :wink: You too, thanks!
did you eventually get on to K+?

Quick Reply

Latest