The Student Room Group

What degree did you choose to study and why? (srs) (important)

Still figuring out what (and if) I want to do at university...

Why did you decide to go to uni?

What course did you choose?

Why did you make that decision?

Was it the right decision?
Reply 1
I chose biology as I want a career in virology or working with animals in some way. I already studied HNC Biomedical Sciences at college so a science degree of some sort was the next logical step. I enjoy more course and I don't regret choosing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was always going to - I have very academic parents, and academia is the only thing I'm good at.

Maths

I was good at it.

Very much so, but not for the reasons I originally thought. I wanted to be an academic, but after four years I think maths is for a particular type of academic, and it might not be me. However, maths cannot fail to impress employers in virtually any area (provided you can show you are well rounded and socially functional too).
(edited 9 years ago)
Physics because it was and still is just the most eye-opening thing I had ever come across, and I was assured it was one of the most useful degrees in terms of employment. 100% the right decision, would do it all again.
- Uni had always been something I wanted to do and was encouraged to do also. It also opens doors in the career market. Especially where my interests lie.

LLB Law

I've always had an interest in the law. I've seen it in an applied setting and now want to approach it academically. Also relevant to future ambitions.

Very much so yes! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Physics because it was and still is just the most eye-opening thing I had ever come across, and I was assured it was one of the most useful degrees in terms of employment. 100% the right decision, would do it all again.

Which uni you do physics at?
Original post by shahbaz
Which uni you do physics at?

For the sake of anonymity I'm not gonna say.

Quick Reply

Latest