The Student Room Group

Would you bring your parents to an applicant day??

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Only if I was a child genius under the age of 11, otherwise, no.
Reply 2
Some universities arrange special tours around the campus/departments/accommodation for parents/supporters. ie parents and prospective students arrive together then split off into separate groups for tours that cater for their own particular issues and questions. This means students can ask questions that they might be scared to in front of their parents and vice versa parents can ask questions that they wouldn't want to in front of their offspring.

And yes I am talking about applicant/post offer visits not ordinary open days.

On the other hand taking a parent into an interview would be just silly even if it were allowed.
Reply 3
I went to a post-offer day, without a parent. I was the only one there without a parent... so yes, people do :tongue: it seems more common than not.
I would take my parents.
Reply 5
My mum couldn't make it to mine and I was the only one without a parent
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
It really depends on how easy the uni is to get to?
I went to Exeter alone because it was a fairly simple 1.5 hour train journey away whereas I'm taking my mum with me to Birmingham because it's either a 3.5 train with 3 changes or a 2 hour car journey :tongue:
...Yet another reason why I need to pass my driving test!
To be honest, I don't want them coming with me, but they're refusing to let me take the train.
Yes! I take my mama everywhere
Original post by sarcasmrules
To be honest, I don't want them coming with me, but they're refusing to let me take the train.

They sound like my parents, who I swear think I'm utterly incapable.
Reply 10
Imperial said I could bring my parents to interview if I want... NOPE!

Quick Reply