The Student Room Group

GCSE ISA Results

Does anyone know when we get the ISA results for the Chemistry Unit 1 ISA. I've finished section 2 today ? I'm dying to know already :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We got our results 3 weeks after we had done the paper. However, it might be different for you, depending when your teachers mark it and when it is moderated.
I wouldn't worry about it too much though. You'll probably forget about it considering you have half term.

I got my results the other day. I got 33/50 (C). I'm disappointed with my results. I might consider retaking.

Hope you get the grade you want! :smile:
Original post by Grade
We got our results 3 weeks after we had done the paper. However, it might be different for you, depending when your teachers mark it and when it is moderated.
I wouldn't worry about it too much though. You'll probably forget about it considering you have half term.

I got my results the other day. I got 33/50 (C). I'm disappointed with my results. I might consider retaking.

Thanks for replying! I'm really worried hopping to get an A at least as it brings down your overall score. I want to get A's cause I want to be a vet. I can't believe 33/50 is a C I thought it would be a B. Our teacher said to get an A* it's 42/50, that was last years grade boundaries so they will have changed by then. Examiners are so harsh!
Hiya,
I did my biology and physics ISAs a few weeks ago and when you get the results depends on how fast your teacher marks them. My physics teacher did it over a weekend but I'm not going to get my biology back until after half term.

Also the mark your teacher gives you isn't necessarily your final mark, it's just a guide. When it is sent away to be moderated it may go up or down- you won't know your actual grade until results day :smile:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Hiya,
I did my biology and physics ISAs a few weeks ago and when you get the results depends on how fast your teacher marks them. My physics teacher did it over a weekend but I'm not going to get my biology back until after half term.

Also the mark your teacher gives you isn't necessarily your final mark, it's just a guide. When it is sent away to be moderated it may go up or down- you won't know your actual grade until results day :smile:

Ah Thankyou, she did say something about marking them straight away but I didn't know she would be able to tell us a guideline. Thankyou.
Reply 5
we're not allowed to get ours until results day in august even though we did our physics one in yr 10 :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Horsegirl01302
Thanks for replying! I'm really worried hopping to get an A at least as it brings down your overall score. I want to get A's cause I want to be a vet. I can't believe 33/50 is a C I thought it would be a B. Our teacher said to get an A* it's 42/50, that was last years grade boundaries so they will have changed by then. Examiners are so harsh!

Last year 38/50 was an A. Although I think it differs on which ISA you did.

It's confusing because I'm Set 2 for Science, and our grade boundaries for an A were 40/50. But for Set 1 their grade boundaries were 42/50 for an A, and they did the same ISA as us.
So I have no idea what's going on there, but I'm going to write my Head of Science a strongly worded email.

Tbh, I think my school rushed into the ISA too quickly. We started preparing for it on our first lesson back. I think they should've gave us some time as they forgot to teach us some things.
:frown:
I'd prefer if my ISA was in February, like Year 10.
Original post by Grade
Last year 38/50 was an A. Although I think it differs on which ISA you did.

It's confusing because I'm Set 2 for Science, and our grade boundaries for an A were 40/50. But for Set 1 their grade boundaries were 42/50 for an A, and they did the same ISA as us.
So I have no idea what's going on there, but I'm going to write my Head of Science a strongly worded email.

Tbh, I think my school rushed into the ISA too quickly. We started preparing for it on our first lesson back. I think they should've gave us some time as they forgot to teach us some things.
:frown:
I'd prefer if my ISA was in February, like Year 10.

Oh I'm in year 10 but I did my ISA super early cause I'm in triple science while set 2 do theirs in January. Yes I think you should send an email just to see why that is as I've never heard of that before. We had about 3 weeks to settle and then they started preparing the ISA in Chemistry and Biology lessons but we still had Physics lessons. Our Biology teacher said we may not do Biology this year as sometimes you don't have to do all three ISAs cause apparently Biology ISAs don't always go to plan. :s-smilie:
Original post by maryb123
we're not allowed to get ours until results day in august even though we did our physics one in yr 10 :frown:

That sucks! Couldn't you ask your teacher for a guideline of what they thought when they marked it?
Reply 9
That sucks! Couldn't you ask your teacher for a guideline of what they thought when they marked it?

nope they said theyre not allowed to say anything :frown:
nope they said theyre not allowed to say anything :frown:

Awww August is ages away! It will be worth the wait though when you open that envelope! :biggrin:
Awww August is ages away! It will be worth the wait though when you open that envelope! :biggrin:

not if i get bad results :s-smilie:
not if i get bad results :s-smilie:

Dont think like that. ISAs are pretty straightforward anyway, you practically get given the marks.
Dont think like that. ISAs are pretty straightforward anyway, you practically get given the marks.

thanx i hope so
thanx i hope so

Don't worry, let me know what you got :wink::hump::hump::fatcontroller:
Original post by Grade

I got an A as a rough mark only just with 40 marks out of 50 and to get an A you need 40 marks! Don't want to have my score lowered, I'll be so disappointed
I got mine about a week after.
45/50 and 48/50 which is decent.
It may be moderates up or down though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by metrize
I got mine about a week after.
45/50 and 48/50 which is decent.
It may be moderates up or down though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 40/50 as an unmoderated mark just got an A below that's a B :tongue:
I got 40/50 as an unmoderated mark just got an A below that's a B :tongue: