The Student Room Group

Gave in my Sixth Form Application today 😝

I'm going to take Maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and biology at a-level. So excited for next year :biggrin: GCSEs are so easy.
english language): is the worst struggling on the bleeping spoken language essay have you done that?
Original post by Rainbowhorror01
I'm going to take Maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and biology at a-level. So excited for next year :biggrin: GCSEs are so easy.

Same! :biggrin:
I have applied to 2 today out of the 3 that I am applying for.
Good luck with yours!
Original post by rumana101
english language): is the worst struggling on the bleeping spoken language essay have you done that?

What exam board? I'm on Edexcel and yeah done that XD
I love English. It's breaking my heart that I can't squeeze it in at a level.
AQA really need help):
Original post by STUDYREVISE
Same! :biggrin:
I have applied to 2 today out of the 3 that I am applying for.
Good luck with yours!

Awesome :biggrin:DD There's two more that I'm applying to as backups but one doesn't make offers; you have to go in on results day to see if you get a place and the other one's form isn't up until November.
I hope you get in to your first choice!😊
What exam board? I'm on Edexcel and yeah done that XD
I love English. It's breaking my heart that I can't squeeze it in at a level.

please may you check what i have done so far x
Original post by rumana101
AQA really need help):

What's it on? We had 3 I think - one on teenage vs. adult way of speaking, one on comparison between a leaflet and a blog(about pets) and one where we had to write a blog article promoting pets.
The english literature ones are way more fun though to be honest.
What's it on? We had 3 I think - one on teenage vs. adult way of speaking, one on comparison between a leaflet and a blog(about pets) and one where we had to write a blog article promoting pets.
The english literature ones are way more fun though to be honest.

its to explore the ways power and authority shape spoke language
w0w
It sounds way cooler than any of the ones I did.
And sure I can totally read through it - don't know how much I'll be able to help actual content wise as we haven't studied that but I'm great with grammar and structure :smile:
Yeah, thanks.
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Geology and English Literature though, hoping to go into optometry! :smile:
w0w
It sounds way cooler than any of the ones I did.
And sure I can totally read through it - don't know how much I'll be able to help actual content wise as we haven't studied that but I'm great with grammar and structure :smile:

thanks i pm'ed it x
I'm applying to the sixth form at my school but we don't have to apply until January. I've chosen to do Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics if I get the grades because I'd love to do chemical engineering :smile:
Original post by VioletPhillippo
I'm applying to the sixth form at my school but we don't have to apply until January. I've chosen to do Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics if I get the grades because I'd love to do chemical engineering :smile:

Sounds awesome
I'm so glad to be doing further maths because my sixth form isn't doing any mechanics units in their regular maths a level

Yeah, thanks.
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Geology and English Literature though, hoping to go into optometry! :smile:

That's an ambition I haven't heard before! They don't offer Geology at mine; I was more of a History nut than a geographer(excuse me if I incorrectly assume you like geography!)
Sounds awesome
I'm so glad to be doing further maths because my sixth form isn't doing any mechanics units in their regular maths a level

That's an ambition I haven't heard before! They don't offer Geology at mine; I was more of a History nut than a geographer(excuse me if I incorrectly assume you like geography!)

:smile:
One of the colleges I am applying for don't have Geology either, so I'm replacing it with Geography, just for that college.
But yes, geography is my fav subject!
Awesome :biggrin:DD There's two more that I'm applying to as backups but one doesn't make offers; you have to go in on results day to see if you get a place and the other one's form isn't up until November.
I hope you get in to your first choice!������

Got an interview in 3 weeks! I don't know if I'm excited or nervous, they sent a letter home, just as they would to any other applicant who had applied.
Got an interview in 3 weeks! I don't know if I'm excited or nervous, they sent a letter home, just as they would to any other applicant who had applied.

XD Awesome
good luck, I'm sure you'll do amazingly well. ;D
The interviews aren't until December at mine. ;-;
XD Awesome
good luck, I'm sure you'll do amazingly well. ;D
The interviews aren't until December at mine. ;-;

Thank you! :smile:
I am applying to 4 colleges. 1 interview is very soon, but the rest are in March, wish I could get them over and done with ASAP.
...December, wow, the mock period. Good luck to you too then!
Reply 18
Ah, I'm only applying to one college. :colondollar:

As it stands, I'm hoping to do Maths, Further Maths, English Literature and Philosophy. FM might change, though.
Reply 19
I haven't even started applying to colleges yet...I've visited two and pland on visiting two more next weekend. I know I have more than enough for what my first choice college is asking for though but I want to apply after my november mocks :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest