Tips and advice?

Scroll to see replies

Go to a private school
What are your worse subjects?
Reply 3
english, rest i love
Original post by rumana101
english, rest i love

What do you find hard about english? Identify what you find hard and work at that.
english, rest i love

Yeah you need to improve on the grammar, hence why you hate english
Reply 6
I got over 10A*s, and I can honestly say the best way to do it is work really hard. I go to a normal high school, come from a normal background, but I worked really hard and made sure I understood the topics.

One of the things I do regret slightly though is not going to teachers if I didn't fully understand a certain part of the course, so I'd definitely recommend that!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Currently doing the english spoken language essay, and i find the analysing part quit tricky.
Original post by STUDYREVISE
No, that's not true.
I know many people from private schools who have got B's and C's in their GCSE's and people from no-private schools with over 15 A*'s. So no, what you said isn't true.

I second this.
Reply 10
15A* :O
Currently doing the english spoken language essay, and i find the analysing part quit tricky.

Most fun part
Reply 12
I really want to go into dentistry as a career, seems so competitive though. Amazing GCSE grades are vital.
Reply 13
hows it fun?, struggling on that the most): only written 3 paragraphs in the space of like 1-2 hours, appalling, yes i know.
Good exam technique :smile:
Reply 15
not really there are some really non intelligent students at private schools who come out with d's and e's
I really want to go into dentistry as a career, seems so competitive though. Amazing GCSE grades are vital.

I don't know where you have gathered this information from but it's incorrect. I have multiple friends who go into Medicine (more competitive than dentistry) without more than 3 A*. GCSE grades are only vital if you want to go to oxbridge or durham or do medicine at a really good russel group.
Reply 17
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I don't know where you have gathered this information from but it's incorrect. I have multiple friends who go into Medicine (more competitive than dentistry) without more than 3 A*. GCSE grades are only vital if you want to go to oxbridge or durham or do medicine at a really good russel group.

is that recent? they must have got exceptional a levels then.
Tips and advice?

Quite simply, pull your ****ing finger out and WORK for it! Anyone on the planet can get the top grades if they want it enough, unfortunatly 90% just aim high enough to pass. Study instead of partying, pay attention in classes, make sure you're as ready as you can be for the exams and you'll get it.

Simple :smile:
Original post by RyRy1998
Quite simply, pull your ****ing finger out and WORK for it! Anyone on the planet can get the top grades if they want it enough, unfortunatly 90% just aim high enough to pass. Study instead of partying, pay attention in classes, make sure you're as ready as you can be for the exams and you'll get it.

Simple :smile:

Even me???????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest