The Student Room Group

Jw if you took oh idk Three Science A-Levels/Four AS for example alongside

Maths, English and A couple of GCSE but no science GCSE would Unis accept you? and you got A*/A in your GCSE's&A-Levels???

I'm not doing this jw:smile: ik its kinda impossible but i'm jw

I'm guessing mature students applying to Uni can but i'm talking about a 17/18 year old applying to Uni:smile:
rephrase the question.. :s
Reply 2
Original post by bdotjelly

So if you took Maths,English and idk Computing, Languages, Travel and Tourism GCSE alongside Biology,Chemistry&PsychologyPhysics lets say AS will Unis accept you?

Reply 3
Original post by bdotjelly

Or would they reject?
Reply 4
Universities care mainly about your A-level subjects, and your performance in the AS-level exams. So if you wanted to apply for (say) physics at university, a lack of physics GCSE would not matter as long as you had a good AS-level grade in the subject.
Reply 5
Original post by marioman
Universities care mainly about your A-level subjects, and your performance in the AS-level exams. So if you wanted to apply for (say) physics at university, a lack of physics GCSE would not matter as long as you had a good AS-level grade in the subject.

Really???

I heard that if over 1000+ people are applying for a 250 spaces available course at a Uni and everyone or the Majority had AAAA then they would look at your GCSE Grades,etc
Reply 6
The only courses which are that over-subscribed are the really competitive areas such as medicine or law, where GCSEs are more important. However, many universities also use admissions tests in these subjects. The same goes for courses at Oxford (who have admissions tests in quite a few subjects, and also look at GCSEs), and Cambridge (who care a lot more about your UMS scores at AS-level).
Reply 7
The only courses which are that over-subscribed are the really competitive areas such as medicine or law, where GCSEs are more important. However, many universities also use admissions tests in these subjects. The same goes for courses at Oxford (who have admissions tests in quite a few subjects, and also look at GCSEs), and Cambridge (who care a lot more about your UMS scores at AS-level).

What about Biological Sciences/Human Biology or something like Sport Science?
Reply 8
You'll be fine.
Reply 9
You'll be fine.

Really? Wouldn't they want Science GCSE?...
Not if you had a strong performance in the relevant science subject as AS-level, I don't think.

Quick Reply

Latest