The Student Room Group

Universities Offering Unconditional Offers?

Hi all!
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a list of Universities which they know are offering unconditional's this year? I've heard Nottingham are and since they're my second choice behind Cambridge, I think an unconditional offer from them would be pretty sweet.
Also, I'm predicted A*AA. Do people think I'd be likely to be made an unconditional offer for History from anyone?
Thanks in advance :biggrin::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Birmingham do it on a wide scale now, and i've heard Leicester being the other one giving it a go. QMUL I think have tried it? again, in a narrower bunch, like Nottingham. Not sure how much they've expanded it this year.

If you're not intending to firm them then it's kind of pointless applying to somewhere you're not bothered about, because they may give an unconditional. I think it reverts to a conditional if it's insured, or rejected (?). If you haven't selected other universities yet then it's worth considering, but I wouldn't make it a deciding factor - because I doubt you're going to struggle with grades with a good background/predictions if realistic.
(edited 9 years ago)
I know that Birmingham and University of East Anglia are

If your PS, reference and previous academic achievement are all excellent, there's a chance you'll be offered an unconditional :smile:
Many people I know have unconditional offers from Birmingham. One girl got one for history.
What kind of grades are the people with unconditional offers predicted?
Reply 5
Original post by snikutsmullac
What kind of grades are the people with unconditional offers predicted?

I've got an unconditional offer from Birmingham and I'm predicted A*A*A :smile:
Original post by Gee1234
I've got an unconditional offer from Birmingham and I'm predicted A*A*A :smile:

For which subject?
Reply 7
For which subject?

English Literature :smile:
Original post by Gee1234
English Literature :smile:

Well done, good for you. Are you going to firm the offer?
UEA said they will make my offer unconditional if I put them as my firm. They ask for ABB and I am predicted A*AA and got AAAB at AS.
Reply 10
Well done, good for you. Are you going to firm the offer?

Thank you:smile: probably not, as I've applied elsewhere and Birmingham was going to be my insurance, provided I get other offers.
Original post by Gee1234
Thank you:smile: probably not, as I've applied elsewhere and Birmingham was going to be my insurance, provided I get other offers.

Fair enough, if I was lucky to get an unconditional from a good university I would definitely firm them. Think of how much pressure it will take off, knowing you've got a university place regardless of what happens during A2
Fair enough, if I was lucky to get an unconditional from a good university I would definitely firm them. Think of how much pressure it will take off, knowing you've got a university place regardless of what happens during A2

But Birmingham isn't the best and if you're aiming higher and think you can achieve the grades, why settle?

But that's still the case if you put an unconditional offer as your insurance! So put the university you REALLY want to go to as your firm choice, but guarantee that you'll get in somewhere by putting the unconditional offer as your insurance.
I have an unconditional from UEA but only if I put them as my firm. Otherwise, they ask for ABB (this is for BSc Politics and Economics). I'm predicted AAB, but my ALPS target is A* as I did well at GCSE but not so well at AS (AAABC). I'm not aware of anyone with an unconditional offer from another uni (outside of TSR that is).
Reply 15
I got an unconditional from Glasgow for history but I think that is probably based on Scottish Highers (also, St Andrews may be similar in that they give unconditional offers only to Scottish students who have sat Highers)
Reply 16

Haha I know, but I am targeting Oxford so if they offer me a place I definitely won't be firming my offer from Birmingham! :wink:
I got an unconditional from Leicester for Law and I am putting it as my insurance. Why would you not try and go to somewhere you really want to go to and work hard instead of just kicking back ?
Original post by Posiedon12
I got an unconditional from Leicester for Law and I am putting it as my insurance. Why would you not try and go to somewhere you really want to go to and work hard instead of just kicking back ?

Ah well done! !!:smile: did you get all A grades at as level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I also got an unconditional for Law at Leicester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest