The Student Room Group

Got three rejections and my predicted grades are A*A*A

Feeling so down, I got rejected by Cambridge, Imperial and Baths for Chemical engineering hopefully Birmingham and Leeds give me an offer but they require A*AA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What were your AS grades? Sometimes unis reject people if they suggest that their predicated grades have been inflated too much!
Most of those universities probably don't give much of a toss about your predicted grades if your AS grades weren't up to scratch, sorry :frown:

If on the other hand they were, you might consider asking them why they rejected you?
Reply 3
Original post by meguana
What were your AS grades? Sometimes unis reject people if they suggest that their predicated grades have been inflated too much!

AAAB and it was 96% ums in Maths, 89% in chem and 80% in physics
I resitted the year but worked my ars off
Original post by Jgco2chem
Feeling so down, I got rejected by Cambridge, Imperial and Baths for Chemical engineering hopefully Birmingham and Leeds give me an offer but they require A*AA.

what are your achieved grades? stats?

Other factors are considered. Maybe your personal statement and references held you back too.
Reply 6
I have improved from EECD to AAAB and still not gonna go uni :s-smilie:
Reply 7
AAAB and it was 96% ums in Maths, 89% in chem and 80% in physics
I resitted the year but worked my ars off

Hmm, if you didn't declare your grades from the first time you sat your exams, you can get rejected for not giving the correct information to the unis I'm pretty sure...
That's what one of my friends who resat the year said about her application, although I know she took different subjects the second time so that may have been why!

I think it's a bit early to lose all hope! You've made a fantastic improvement and I'm sure you'll get somewhere. There's always clearing and extra etc
Reply 9
Original post by snikutsmullac
Other factors are considered. Maybe your personal statement and references held you back too.

It can't be my personal statement, it worked hard on it and had everything that makes me stand out & my reference was amazing because I am a role model at school being head boy and working tirelessly, I get excellence in my reports for everything.
Reply 10
Original post by meguana
Hmm, if you didn't declare your grades from the first time you sat your exams, you can get rejected for not giving the correct information to the unis I'm pretty sure...
That's what one of my friends who resat the year said about her application, although I know she took different subjects the second time so that may have been why!

Thats ridiculous and I re took the exact same subjects.
Reply 11
Original post by EleanorFrost
I think it's a bit early to lose all hope! You've made a fantastic improvement and I'm sure you'll get somewhere. There's always clearing and extra etc

But I want to go to a top uni where I will stand a chance of getting a job afterwards.
It can't be my personal statement, it worked hard on it and had everything that makes me stand out & my reference was amazing because I am a role model at school being head boy and working tirelessly, I get excellence in my reports for everything.

The problem is, so would all other applicants to the universities you are applying to :/

That was (unfortunately) probably the nail in the coffin for Cambridge, very possible Imperial too. Your other choices should be more sympathetic :smile:

Did you have extenuating circumstances for the EECD?

Maybe it's because you retook the year and they discriminated against you, maybe they prefer candidates who took A levels in just 2 years? idk im just throwing this out there.
Reply 15
I'm sick of failing my whole life, my family relations laughed when I failed and now this, I'll never get the satisfaction of being successful at something, I changed schools to resit and sacrificed friendships for NOTHING.

Cambridge do not like people who resit modules, I would say a similar stance applies at Imperial. They want people who do extremely well first time in the subject. It doesn't get any easier at those places. They are the toughest universities to get into for those subjects.
Reply 17

If you didn't declare your previous grades that would most probably be their grounds for rejection. Ring the admissions teams and ask.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18

Don't lose hope....you can still get offers if you applied to two other Unis and there's always clearing :smile:

Try not to dwell on it, just focus on your work and you'll be fine in the end

But this thread has gotten me really scared about my ucas application coz I got crap AS grades and i've been predicted ABB :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by Youni-chan
Maybe it's because you retook the year and they discriminated against you, maybe they prefer candidates who took A levels in just 2 years? idk im just throwing this out there.

I think your right :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending