The Student Room Group

Not seen my best friend in 8 years sudden contact

my old best friend went to uni far away, and we drifted, we stayed in touch on facebook a bit but not much, then i deleted my account because of stress and harassment from a guy, i told her i was depressed, she said, see a doctor, and i never really heard from her since that. But now she has contacted me all of a sudden by email asking to met up, that its been a long time etc (7-8 years).

I do miss my friend, but i really don't know what to say to her, if i met up with her. i just think it would be totally awkward. i ve have rubbish jobs and still live at home, she done ok. i was thinking i could just get a bit drunk before i see her .

hmmm. any suggestions how i could handle it? she might want to talk about my ex boyfriend and that would be bad because she is friends with him, and some bad stuff happened between me and him which i ve been upset about. :confused:
Meet her anyway but don't mention the bad things that happened between you and your ex-boyfriend. If it's been a long time I'm sure you're over it anyway so it shouldn't be a problem if you did talk about those things.
Reply 2
Sure, there's no harm in meeting up. If it doesn't go well, it doesn't have to happen again. Similar things have happened to me in the past, I think it's interesting finding out about someone's life who you used to know so well.
You may re blossom your old friendship.
I wouldn't get drunk before seeing her, bad idea. Be yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending