The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

Scroll to see replies

Think this might help me at the minute:

"Visualize a box in your head labeled “Expectations.” Whenever you start dwelling on how things should be or should have been, mentally shelve the thoughts in this box."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I'm going to regret this sending PM of my pic thing aren't I

maybe. why are you sending it to people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
maybe. why are you sending it to people?

Posted from TSR Mobile

fed up of feeling I'm ugly, would at least be good to know I'm fairly average then I can focus on deeper personal character traits

also I did not anticipate the feedback that I've got 0_0
to make matters even worse, just got an email to say my application for on campus accommodation has been denied :cry2: I applied the day after it opened. because everyone here is so early im gonna struggle to get a studio anywhere now. just want to cry
Hate not being able to sleep and this time of night, it's when all the bad stuff comes to the front of my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is ridiculous I've stayed up for 4 hours just because I like having so much attention and controlling TSR for a night. I can see why Samba might say I am a manipulator.
my insomnia is out of control!
For 2 months now ive been sleeping in the early hours of morning (6-7/8am) .My overactive mind :frown:
Help !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm not quite a troll but i haven't quite got a healthy online identity either
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I hate that I keep making my boyfriend feel sad with all my depression crap :frown:. He is such a saint to keep sticking by me, honestly.

I think I want to try counselling again. I've been on citalopram for almost a year now, but I dunno if it's really doing much anymore. And I find it hard to keep motivated with the self help CBT. I'm just always too scared and hesitant to go for counselling, but I'm so desperate to find a way to stop feeling so depressed and stuff much of the time.

Hi best to give your boyfriend a break and go and talk to the people that are really qualified, you need the talking therapy as well as the meds. they dont work on their own. Try the CBT then perhaps go for the counselling, you owe it to your boyfriend to at least try.

good luck xxxxxxx
I don't care what I do tomorrow, but I have to get out of bed before 12pm and fix my sleeping pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Think this might help me at the minute:

"Visualize a box in your head labeled “Expectations.” Whenever you start dwelling on how things should be or should have been, mentally shelve the thoughts in this box."

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats the spirit!!!!!! Throw it in the 'f*#k it bucket' !!!!
Stay Strong :yeah::yeah:xxxxxxxxx
really wish this virus would just leave me alone now :frown: third day of feeling ****ing awful beyond words.
meeting with my personal tutor this morning - need to update her with various bits and bobs like medication changes, psychiatry, CBT etc so it should be interesting. she's amazing and supportive but i still get nervous every time!
Original post by Team_McDreamy
meeting with my personal tutor this morning - need to update her with various bits and bobs like medication changes, psychiatry, CBT etc so it should be interesting. she's amazing and supportive but i still get nervous every time!

went well!

told her that i was disheartened by my GP telling me my case was too complex to handle and she reassured me that thats more to do with her capabilities than my ill health, and that in our communication skills training we're taught to be very careful about communicating things like that to our patients and that maybe she just thought i could 'take it' cause I'm a med student. also talked about the fact that some members of the medical community see taking PRN drugs for acute exam anxiety as a form of cheating and how that makes me not want to tell anybody and she told me to just ignore them because its not like the drugs are putting answers in my head :smile: stuff that i kind of knew already but needed somebody i looked up to to tell me.
so unbelievably pissed off my GP right now.
literally it never rains, it only pours.
also today is the 2 year anniversary of the death of one of my friends. so that makes it even ****ter. I just don't want this world any more.
Original post by ScaryScience
also today is the 2 year anniversary of the death of one of my friends. so that makes it even ****ter. I just don't want this world any more.

:hugs: So sorry to hear that.
I'm sorry to hear that. Bed sounds like a good plan, I hope you feel better in the morning.

Yeah, luckily today is better, but I will take it slowly.
so unbelievably pissed off my GP right now.

Oh hun :jumphugs: whats happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest