The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XV

:woo: New Thread :woo:

:animal: Were a very friendly bunch, though be careful of a resident wolf, it can get over excited at times! :animal:

Messages and Helpful Advice

Moodgym
is a free online CBT program for people with anxiety and depression.

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health?

Use this great tool here to help you prepare Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

Confidentiality Rules

If you speak to a Dr, teacher, tutor or another adult about a mental health problem, then they are legally bound to not tell anyone including your parents unless you are a danger to yourself or other people. This will generally only happen if you are actively suicidal or at risk of actively hurting someone else, they will generally not tell anyone if you self harm, however they will possibly have follow up meetings with you.
If the person you tell feels they do need to talk to someone else about the situation, then they will usually tell you first, and go through the process of who they will tell and why with you, so no one will be told if you are not happy with the decision.

(Got something you thing would be useful here - quote me and I will add it!)

Moderation Message:

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

Please note that intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread. If you see a post containing intolerance or discrimination, please use the report function to bring it to our attention, and please refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask a Health & Relationships Moderator, and a moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Happy new thread guys! :moon:
come to the library and im just not getting stuff done. Can't concentrate at all -.-
Yeah, I'm sure I'll find the right meds eventually. I mean as I said I have to admit that evidently I need something to help me right now and get the most out of therapy. I just hate that my mental health is impacting my ability to do uni work. I was healthy MH wise last year and not surprisingly did the best I've ever done at school/uni. Doing a course I love and am passionate about so would hate if I don't get a good grade at the end of the year because of what's going on at the moment.
Subbity sub submarining

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ooo first page, very exciting. My friend is staying with me and I think at times she doesn't realise that she'll talk about something then find a reason to cut me off when I start to say something. Plus she doesn't understand that some things you don't joke about in certain circles and posting things to facebook walls and similar is not okay. She apologises but then does it again which is hard because logically I know that if she was sorry about it then she would stop doing it but. Just quite upset about it really.
Reply 7
Subbing just in case I don't find it in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi again :smile:. Hope people are safe and ok. And :hugs: for those who aren't.
Reply 9
Trying not to wake friend up with crying. I don't get it, I was having such a good week I felt almost okay and now this out of nowhere. Supposed to be getting up in 3 hours to go be zombies on an assault course. Really don't feel up to it at all. I know it will probably be fun if I go and if I don't I'll feel guilty that my friend got all sorted out to go but I just want a day of hanging out and chatting or possibly hiding in bed. I just feel like a terrible person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Just heard 2 gun shots. Oh ****adoodledoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo new thread :biggrin:
Remember I am always here to talk to or to try and help with anything especially anything relating to panic attacks, panic disorder or argoraphobia. I may still get off days here and there but I'm always willing to listen or help if I can :smile:

If you are going through any of those things just remember you aren't alone, there's many of us in the same boat which sucks yeah but also means we have each other to confide in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
shiny new thread :biggrin:

hugs for all :yep:

:hugs: :jumphug: :penguinhug:
I hate that I keep making my boyfriend feel sad with all my depression crap :frown:. He is such a saint to keep sticking by me, honestly.

I think I want to try counselling again. I've been on citalopram for almost a year now, but I dunno if it's really doing much anymore. And I find it hard to keep motivated with the self help CBT. I'm just always too scared and hesitant to go for counselling, but I'm so desperate to find a way to stop feeling so depressed and stuff much of the time.
Everyone disappeared! :grumble: But woo, new thread! :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another terrible night's sleep and I feel awful. Was really hoping after a slightly better day yesterday things were getting better. My GP appointment on Monday can't come soon enough. Always thought I didn't need meds and therapy was enough. I wonder if I had got off my high horse re medication years ago when my MH problems started to emerge then I could have avoided all the flare ups in the last five years and saved a lot of people a lot of hassle :frown: On a more positive note I'm looking forward to Doctor Who tonight and the first part of the new Foo Fighters documentary tomorrow night, was lucky enough to be at one of their tiny shows in London last month and was the best show I've ever seen :smile:
I feel so bad for my boyfriend. When I'm feeling down - particularly when I also have PMT like now - I can't stop snapping at him. He literally can't do anything right. And when I manage to calm down I feel so guilty because he's totally on the defensive about everything he says, just in case.

But, you know, five years & he's still with me.

It's not all that often really, maybe a couple of days out of each month, but I still feel sorry for him!
Also, I noticed the link to MoodGym in the OP.

I am wary about going for CBT but I figured that I may as well give this a go alongside my St John's Wort that I'm trying at the moment. I have heard good things about both in the past, so possibly it is a good idea!
just wke up but feel like i should be going tback to bed. ugh.
Woken up a few hours ago and now I feel like going back to bed, dads already had a go at me. I feel so triggered

Posted from TSR Mobile