The Student Room Group

Petition to release Marine A passes 100,000 signatures & will go to Parliament

Petition to release A has passed the 100,000 target to go to Parliament and will not be referred to committee to decide if it should be debated in Parliament.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56810

Will they have a Parliamentary debate? will the media get behind his release? will they ignore it? Will Parliament overrule courts and release him or at the very least allow an appeal now public have backed it
Reply 1
There's a seperation of powers for a reason, Parliament can't just force the judicial system to do something even if it has popular support. The case might be reviewed though.
Reply 2
I agree with the petition however as above, parliament should never have the power to tell the courts to rule one way or another.
Reply 3
He executed someone, I don't really see why he should be released?
Why exactly should he be released?
Reply 5
He shot someone in cold blood, there is no way it isn't murder.
Reply 6
Original post by arson_fire
Marine A is a disgrace to the armed forces. He deliberately did what he knew to be legally wrong and disobeyed his orders. He wasn`t even smart enough to destroy the evidence. I can`t see any reason why he should be released.

Easy to say that sitting here. You haven't seen your friends get shot or blown up for no reason by those scum and then you are expected to use medical equipment on them at your own risk.
Reply 7
Original post by arson_fire
I have actually.

You served in the army? How long?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending