The Student Room Group

How much sleep is not enough...

Removed.
(edited 4 years ago)
I recommend getting about 56 - 63 hours per week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 19ACH98
Wow, that's a lot! Right now I'm getting about 35 hours a week :/

It really depends on the person - I can get around 20-30 hours a week, but if you can manage well with 35 hours then that's ok, but generally I would say at least 6-7 hours a night, totalling about 42-49 hours a week at least!
Original post by 19ACH98
For AS levels?

What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 19ACH98
Wow, that's a lot! Right now I'm getting about 35 hours a week :/

Can't you catch up at the weekend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 19ACH98
For AS levels?

Definitely not 4 hours sleep every night like I'm getting. :frown:
Original post by 19ACH98
How can you cope with 20-30 hours?!?!?! Yeah, I'll try to get more, it's just easier said than done..

I dont really cope - I'm always knackered and not perform as well as I should, but there's not a lot I can do about it and so I just have to get on with it...
Original post by yellowcopter
Definitely not 4 hours sleep every night like I'm getting. :frown:

:eek:
You are back!!!

OP and Yellowcopter aim for 6-8 hours sleep per day

Did you also get alot of HW/revision from college:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just imagine all those hours in our lives if we didn't sleep more and could of accomplished more. Sleeping is so time consuming! !! 4 hours is enough rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
:eek:
You are back!!!

OP and Yellowcopter aim for 6-8 hours sleep per day

Did you also get alot of HW/revision from college:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, back from the dead even though technically I've been lurking around anyway. :tongue:

I got a crazy amount of essays for History and English but I somehow survived the first term. Not so much for Computing, thankfully - but my Computing teacher annoys the hell out of me and keeps picking on me. :rolleyes: Writes needless rubbish on my Promonitor that even my form teacher agrees he's going a little overboard. Luckily at A2 we get a different Computing teacher.
Original post by yellowcopter
Yep, back from the dead even though technically I've been lurking around anyway. :tongue:

I got a crazy amount of essays for History and English but I somehow survived the first term. Not so much for Computing, thankfully - but my Computing teacher annoys the hell out of me and keeps picking on me. :rolleyes: Writes needless rubbish on my Promonitor that even my form teacher agrees he's going a little overboard. Luckily at A2 we get a different Computing teacher.

ok cool
my physics teacher just bores the living daylight out of me (espically when i have a double lesson it feels like a day lol)
none of my teachers have written anything on my Prominitor :confused:
i know someone who got the same teacher for AS and A2 for biology so i hope you get a less strict teacher for computing next year
i have almost completed my Homework:biggrin: and then i have alot of revision to do for biology and maths.
are you ready for parents evening after half term as i aint lol

i feel sorry for you having only 4 hours of sleep a night. (top tip study during some of your free periods so you have less work to do after college so you can probably go to sleep earlier:tongue:)
Original post by toonervoustotalk
ok cool
my physics teacher just bores the living daylight out of me (espically when i have a double lesson it feels like a day lol)
none of my teachers have written anything on my Prominitor :confused:
i know someone who got the same teacher for AS and A2 for biology so i hope you get a less strict teacher for computing next year
i have almost completed my Homework:biggrin: and then i have alot of revision to do for biology and maths.
are you ready for parents evening after half term as i aint lol

i feel sorry for you having only 4 hours of sleep a night. (top tip study during some of your free periods so you have less work to do after college so you can probably go to sleep earlier:tongue:)

He is a Physics teacher, so I guess that's not surprising. :tongue:

You're lucky to have nice teachers then. I have about 7 Promonitors or something, 2 or so for absence, 2 for change of A-Level course and 2 my Computing teacher writing rubbish, 1 my History teacher for missing a lesson (with a valid reason which I explained :mad:)

My Computing teacher said he only teaches AS so we won't have him for A2, for sure! I couldn't have been more relieved when he said that. :lol: I know the A2 teacher as he interviewed me, and he's really nice but looks can deceive so we'll have to wait and see lol.

As for parents evening I'm ready for English and History, but not so much for Computing. :tongue:

I go to the library for all my free periods and do homework and yet I still sleep late. I think it's more force of habit!

Quick Reply

Latest