The Student Room Group

What will you think if you saw a lawyer with a car wash guy ??

Hi. I'm 25 years girl and I will graduate next year and finally become a lawyer. I know this guy who left college at 17 and started a small business then change it and he made his own car wash and have another worker to help him. He's now 31 and He has been interested in me from last year. So we met and we had great times together and I discovered that he loves me so much and he worries about me a lot. He is Okay physically and have a nice personality, my family likes him too ( which is weird as they never liked any of my BFs before). We broke up last month and he sent me yesterday messages saying that he really wants to marry me and be together forever!!

I was quiet happy to hear that there is somebody who is loving me this much, but my friends were always telling me to leave him because I will be lawyer and he's just a car valeter !!! I was defending him always especially that I knew he was making good money and we had 2 holidays last year which he paid everything for it. In addition, I don't want to put money first thing because I feel good and loved with him and that's what matters, but my cousins and friends are really turning my mind by telling me that if I marry him I will regret it all my life and that I should look for a doctor or a lawyer or something like that just to gain the society's respect !!

Please be kind when replying and tell me what do you think without being idealistic ?? I really like him too much but I don't want to keep justifying to people in the future that we are happy together... If you are a graduate will you marry someone below your status ?
You should just come clean to your friends about how you feel. Despite the difference in academic backgrounds I'm sure any relationship issues can be buffed out.
I respect Car Valets.. They do a great job cleaning cars. I also don't believe anyone is "below me".

I couldn't care less if someone wasn't a graduate either.
if you love someone, that is all that should matter. I wouldn't want to be tied up in a loveless relationship/marriage just to satisfy those around me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I saw it, yeah I'd think I wonder how he managed to get her - it's like when you see someone really pretty with someone less attractive.
I'd still say go for it though. What matters more, what others think or your life and your happiness?
Well he's not just a car wash guy is he? He owns and runs a successful business. Besides, somebody's job is only the reflection of some of their qualities, not the definition of all of them. Running a car wash suggests he likes cars, wanted to be his own boss, had the iniative to start it up, didn't want to spend his life studying etc. What's wrong with any of those things? I think you should tell you friends they are being rude and very close-minded.
Thanks for your replies, Obviously all what you've stated made sense to me and that's what I say to myself, waiting for other replies ... Thanks
It's not like you're going to be walking around with your lawyer get up and court wig on whilst he crawls around next to you in a tank top with a bucket and sponge. Most people won't care. :smile:
Reply 7
I'm not gonna lie my first thought was that this was Breaking Bad related :P

Anyway as above, he's a business owner not just a car wash guy. I'd be wary to be honest, but you know better than anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending