The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Anyone applying for Lit with creative writing ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rainshadow
I'm going to an applicant day on the 4th Feb so I'll let you know

Thank you! :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
I am :smile:
Sent my application off on monday.. and got a portfolio request the other day :0
Stressing now to get that as good as it can be!

Anyone else applying for this course?
:smile: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I am your classmate very probably :biggrin: although I got a conditional offer, the conditions aren´t so difficult and UEA is my first choice in every case :biggrin: where have you laso applied to? :smile:
Original post by pleione
Hey! I am your classmate very probably :biggrin: although I got a conditional offer, the conditions aren´t so difficult and UEA is my first choice in every case :biggrin: where have you laso applied to? :smile:

Hey I applied to kent lancastwr uea chester and newcastle
:smile: however im firming kent or lancaster i think, as uea didnt offer me creative writimg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a conditional offer for English Lit with Creative Writing, I'm so happy! :biggrin: Going to pick UEA as my firm as soon as I can :biggrin:
Reply 44
I'm going to an applicant day on the 4th Feb so I'll let you know

how was it? :smile:
Original post by pleione

Hey! If you're getting in, then we're definitely gonna be classmates :biggrin:
What conditions did you get? :smile: I'm really curious.
Original post by Laura57
how was it? :smile:

It was amazing. We had a campus tour, an accommodation tour (which was good because it's nice seeing what the accommodation is like while people are living there) and departmental lectures. I had a nice chat with Clare Connors who is the literature professor and some 3rd-year students. We were given a list of modules (in 2nd and 3rd year you basically tailor your entire degree to your own interests). In 1st year you do Literature in history and how to read old texts. Creative writing is just workshops throughout the 3 years.

I really recommend you go for an applicant day if you can. It was super helpful/
Reply 47
It was amazing. We had a campus tour, an accommodation tour (which was good because it's nice seeing what the accommodation is like while people are living there) and departmental lectures. I had a nice chat with Clare Connors who is the literature professor and some 3rd-year students. We were given a list of modules (in 2nd and 3rd year you basically tailor your entire degree to your own interests). In 1st year you do Literature in history and how to read old texts. Creative writing is just workshops throughout the 3 years.

I really recommend you go for an applicant day if you can. It was super helpful/

Thank you!

i somehow managed to miss all the applicant days, whoops! :s-smilie:
i'll go to one of the campus/accomodation tours though, since i've already firmed uea.
were the professors ok? :smile:
Reply 49
Forgot to ask, apart from the subject tours, was it that different from the open days?
Reply 50
Original post by eightfoldv
Hey! If you're getting in, then we're definitely gonna be classmates :biggrin:
What conditions did you get? :smile: I'm really curious.

Well as I live in the Czech Republic I don´t know how would this information be helpful for you... :biggrin: I have to get 1 in English for my Maturita exam and I have to get my maturita average above 1.4 (that means I can get only one 2). You?
Original post by pleione
Well as I live in the Czech Republic I don´t know how would this information be helpful for you... :biggrin: I have to get 1 in English for my Maturita exam and I have to get my maturita average above 1.4 (that means I can get only one 2). You?

Well, I used to live in Poland for some time and they had a number grading scale :biggrin: are your grades from 1-6 or 1-10? :smile:

I first got an AAA offer, but they upgraded it to unconditional :biggrin: I was very lucky.
Reply 52
Well, I used to live in Poland for some time and they had a number grading scale :biggrin: are your grades from 1-6 or 1-10? :smile:

I first got an AAA offer, but they upgraded it to unconditional :biggrin: I was very lucky.

Omg!!!! You are sooo lucky :// Our grading system is from 1-5, where:
1- 100-90%
2- 89-80%
3- 79-65%
4- 64-50%
5- 49-0% in the major part of the subjects. :smile: are you already part of the UEA offer holder group on facebook? :smile:

were the professors ok? :smile:

I only met two but they were both lovely. so very excited for september now!!
Got my offer for American Literature and Creative Writing ^^ v.happy
firmed an unconditional offer for eng lit and creative writing \o/
Hey guys! I'm really interested in taking this course - either at UEA or Birmingham. I'm just a bit intimidated by the fact that for UEA you may have to submit a portfolio for Eng Lit with Creative Writing. Just wondering how to make one/what to put on it. I'm a year 12 student so got some time to work on it. Please give me some tips! :smile:Good luck on your offers guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending